Recommend
10 
 Thumb up
 Hide
21 Posts

Agricola» Forums » General

Subject: Bits Storage...a link to one that fits in box? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike M
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
I saw in the images section these:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/350299
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/353049

I would love to order this box from some online retailer but my google-fu was not able to find me it for sale anywhere. Leroy Merlin was mentioned in a comment but I couldn't find an english product listing and I have no idea if they would ship overseas anyhow.

Alternately any good storage box that enables me to keep all the bits organized and the cards/boards/manuals in the original box would be awesome.

Barring someone with an awesome link I'm likely going to have to use baggies...I hate using baggies...le-sigh...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hoffman
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure of the size of the Agricola box, so you may need to adjust your chi [i.e., the part #] slightly, but try to focus your google-fu on the words "Plano 3600 prolatch"; then you will be able to walk across the rice paper without making a sound...or spilling an animeeple. ninja
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I used two of these...

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descpage-P34495.html

...because I already had a bunch lying around, but I think they work well enough that I won't replace them. All the disc counters go in one, everything else but the square house tiles in another. While this isn't as picturesque and OCD as having everything in one all-encompassing case, I think it's more practical. This way, you can easily split up bits duty between two of your players, which makes the beginning of round accumulation a bit faster. The cases are also quite small and make fitting things in the box easier. I keep each set of colored player pieces in one of the included baggies, since they're going to be dumped out anyway. The square house/field tiles also go in baggies, because they're a bit too big for the 3449 cases. I just stack those up next to one of the bit boxes at setup. The cards I've sleeved and am working on tuckboxes for. When it's all said and done, the whole shebang fits completely into the box, though I have to be careful packing it up if I want the lid to close completely.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hoffman
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tppytel wrote:
I used two of these...

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descpage-P34495.html

...because I already had a bunch lying around, but I think they work well enough that I won't replace them.


Also a good choice. I've got gobs of 3600- and 3700-family Plano boxes scattered about thanks to ASL and Advanced Tobruk. Facing the need to sort and store a few thousand counters leads one to an intimate familiarity with the Plano product line.


And my copy of Agricola landed yesterday [while I was off spending gobs of money at the WBC auction]. In looking at this box, I'm almost certain a 3600 will fit just fine [I've yet to go dig up an empty one to check as that will push my "get it punched and sorted" button, and I don't have time].
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A 3600 fits nicely but ... no room for the cards. The unfortunately thing about Plano is the work great - until you start mixing too many bits with too many cards. I am thinking I may need one of the 3700 1/2 boxes (can't recall the number). That looks like it will fit along with a Plano 3-deck card holder.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I put the various bits in the bags that came with the game. They seem to work pretty well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I got two containers made for sorting beads from the craft section at Walmart. They were like $1.29 each and have 7 compartments, 1 large and 6 small, and the bits fit perfectly if you don't mind putting all the animals into one of the large compartments. The two containers and the cards all fit in the box with a little room to spare.

Maybe I'll post a pic in a bit... ok, it's a been a bit and I took some pictures.


22 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristof Minnen
Belgium
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the box I'm using:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/358910
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/358911


It's from Curver. This was the best I could find in shops near by.
I saw already better (previous thread) but this will work to.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
I got two containers made for sorting beads from the craft section at Walmart. They were like $1.29 each and have 7 compartments, 1 large and 6 small, and the bits fit perfectly if you don't mind putting all the animals into one of the large compartments. The two containers and the cards all fit in the box with a little room to spare.

Maybe I'll post a pic in a bit... ok, it's a been a bit and I took some pictures.




Very nice

I guess I need to make a trip to Walmart to try and find those.

Thx
jonpfl
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crocker
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it just me? I know that everything looks great in these various plastic containers, but don't you still have to dump everything out anyway, because adult sized fingers cannot easily reach into and extract the parts from those tiny sections?

I like the baggies that come with the game.

And for game play, I use old cat food containers for all of the resources...the ones pictured below, of which I have an infinite supply if I want. Their shape makes it much easier to reach into for the token, yet keeps everything neat and separated for gameplay.




 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crockerdile wrote:
Is it just me? I know that everything looks great in these various plastic containers, but don't you still have to dump everything out anyway, because adult sized fingers cannot easily reach into and extract the parts from those tiny sections?

I like the baggies that come with the game.

And for game play, I use old cat food containers for all of the resources...the ones pictured below, of which I have an infinite supply if I want. Their shape makes it much easier to reach into for the token, yet keeps everything neat and separated for gameplay.






I got this idea from Dale when I played Agricola at Gulf Games with him. I don't dump the contents out but instead just grab the ones I need.

I guess I just like the idea of having everything there in one box and not having to worry about carrying other things

Thx
jonpfl
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Crockerdile wrote:
And for game play, I use old cat food containers for all of the resources
Ew. I'm sure you run them through the dishwasher, but still, ew.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Crockerdile wrote:
Is it just me? I know that everything looks great in these various plastic containers, but don't you still have to dump everything out anyway, because adult sized fingers cannot easily reach into and extract the parts from those tiny sections?


I leave everything in the containers while I play. Keeps the table clear and unless your fingers are 2 inches thick, it's not very tough getting stuff out of the container as needed.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crocker
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just measured. My pinchers are 1&1/8" (thumb) and 7/8" (index finger), which adds up to 2 inches. That's my left hand. Add an eighth of an inch to my right hand digits (those I just eyeballed). I guess I'm what you call "ham fisted". I struggle with those little rectangular or square bins. I was a carpenter for 25 years, and my hands got pretty beat up.

And Randy....ew is not a factor.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Crockerdile wrote:
I just measured. My pinchers are 1&1/8" (thumb) and 7/8" (index finger), which adds up to 2 inches. That's my left hand. Add an eighth of an inch to my right hand digits (those I just eyeballed). I guess I'm what you call "ham fisted". I struggle with those little rectangular or square bins. I was a carpenter for 25 years, and my hands got pretty beat up.

And Randy....ew is not a factor.

For games where I have to dump everything out I like bags too. Or at least for those components.

Another route I very often go is with 7 day pill cases like at:
http://www.healthaccessories.com/pill_boxes/7_day_pill_remin...
Though I just tend to pick them up at walgreens. They are a bit more expensive for what you get than tackle/tool boxes and bead organizers but they have some nice features like opening one slot and JUST dumping that one out.

It actually looks like this site has a number of my favorites:
- Page 1 right side have huge compartments, quite nice, left side being a more standard size
- Page 2 right side I used for game of thrones pieces and it really worked well. It's 2x7 as you can see and there is a version where it's all solid in there (the one I have) and a version where you can pull out the 7 pairs of containers. I haven't used any of those but that might be nice too since you could hand them out.
- most of the middle ones I've never used...
- Page 13 right side has one of the best things ever. Those tiny bags (my walgreens has them too) are AWESOME for many games. You have to be careful when sorting that you don't end up with 100 bags which is, if anything, probably worse. For Power Grid I placed the little house tokens for each color in 2 of those bags so each player gets 2 baggies with their color generally only cracking the seocnd open when the first runs out.

Page 13 left I havent seen in stores...but I wish I had...rounded edges for some games are really convenient especially for folks that have larger fingers (I have small fingers but I see the point of the quote above).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sudlow
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This one fits the game box (with room for cards) if you trim the tab off:
http://www.ares-server.com/Ares/Ares.asp?MerchantID=RET01229...

You can see one of the same dimensions filled with game components here:
http://www.boardgamenews.com/index.php/boardgamenews/comment...
1 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hoffman
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Paulman2 wrote:
This one fits the game box (with room for cards) if you trim the tab off:
http://www.ares-server.com/Ares/Ares.asp?MerchantID=RET01229...

You can see one of the same dimensions filled with game components here:
http://www.boardgamenews.com/index.php/boardgamenews/comment...


Cool! Thanks for the links. thumbsup
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been using a Plano 3600 box (got to love Planos - ridiculously expensive here in the UK, but perfect for so many things). Unfortunately, it doesn't leave enough room in the box.

My solution? Build a bigger box. I've not got any pictures of the box (it needs varnishing), but the counter tray that fits inside the box looks like this:


It's actually a stupid solution - the box is now 50% larger than the original box, weighs several pounds even empty, and has taken hours and hours to make. Looks good though.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Nowak
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:


I just bought two of these storage compartments in Walmart - they were found on a bottom shelf in the craft department. The box itself is called "Craft Organizer", has 7 compartments, and is made by Uniek Inc (for anyone who wanted more information).

I also picked up some 3" x 4" ziplock bags, called "Darice Craft Designer Reclosable Bags". There are 100 of them, and they only cost $1.50 CAD. Amazingly, they're the perfect size to store a couple of dozen of Agricola cards in them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mateui wrote:
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:


I just bought two of these storage compartments in Walmart - they were found on a bottom shelf in the craft department. The box itself is called "Craft Organizer", has 7 compartments, and is made by Uniek Inc (for anyone who wanted more information).

I had been using a plastic container with each player's bits in there, but found it frustrating for more than 2 players. I've gone to a smaller container and put the player bits in separate bags.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.