Get up, get up, get up, get down, fall over.
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Games I have played on Boardgamegeek (under Misc - online games) have been archived.

So, whilst I know I have played 5 games of T&E here, I can only record the details of the 2 I played in the last 30 days.

I can't remember who I played the other 3 against and what the scores were.

Is the data still accessible anywhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
You're not saying you log games that aren't face to face, are you? :)

Tsk, tsk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there should be a (option) requirement to specify whether the game logged was F2F or online... with the new system of logging plays with other bgg users, I think it means more to log a F2F play with, say, Max Michael... it means that despite coming from different continents we sat down at the same table and played a game... logging plays of online games devalues that...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yes I am Randy (and I know you are only ribbing me but...)

I understand the arguments for not logging online plays - it is easy to rack up hundreds of plays by clicking away, the experience is not the same as F2F and all of that.

However, most of my online games are on SBW. That usually means several weeks/months of commitment to each play. In most cases I am playing with the same, small group of people (some of whom I also play F2F with, some of whom I may never be able to play F2F with as they are on different continents).

Now that I can, I log all my games played showing where I played them - and I have gone back to update the online ones (which make up a fairly small proportion, I am guessing 10-15%) to show SBW, BGG (as above) or Yucata.de (though I am struggling to get the detail of the dozen or so I have played on BSW).

So I am being completely open, I am not inflating my figures (or if you think I am you can filter the online plays out), and to take Grimwold's point, if I played Dancing Eggs with Aldie and Michael Barnes on top of Mount Everest I could record that play in all it's glory too, without devaluing it by treating it just the same as every other play.

So, where is the issue?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
boltongeordie wrote:
Oh yes I am Randy (and I know you are only ribbing me but...)...
So, where is the issue?
Actually, if people note where they play (SBW, BSW, Vassal, etc) it's not so bad (as long as we can get standardized formats for those non-F2F options).

The problem comes the day the system calculated average game play time (broken down by number of players) based on the reported play times. If a particular game has lots of SBW entries, the average play time for the boardgame will be far too high. If a particular title has lots of BSW entries, the average time for that game will be too low. But if we knew which games were played non-F2F, the system could remove those from any such calculations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Randy Cox wrote:
The problem comes the day the system calculated average game play time (broken down by number of players) based on the reported play times.
Fair comment, as you and Grim suggest, a check box/radio dial might be a good option to help filter the stats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
boltongeordie wrote:

Here you go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Karlsen wrote:
boltongeordie wrote:

Here you go.
Thanks Fraser. I am amazed that there does not seem to be a link from the interface to that page, though there are links to a summary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.