Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: The Core rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Canada
Abby
BC West Coast
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally watched this. The pidgeon swarm had me laughing hysterically and this films's stupidity actually cheered me up from general malaise. Not a bad film for that.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Cale
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again.
Avatar
mbmbmb
My father loves this movie for some reason and actually convinced me to watch it with him once. The giant diamonds are killer.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penny
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ya for some reason I actually like this movie, more than that other one, Armageddon.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kittyangel wrote:
Ya for some reason I actually like this movie, more than that other one, Armageddon.


You mean Deep Impact? Yes, that one was better than Armageddon IMO.

The Core is an action movie penned by someone who hates physicists with a passion. In an attempt to make every physicist's head explode, the movie goes against every single law of physics known to man. Compared to its horrors, Jules Verne's Journey to the Center of the Earth seems like a geology textbook.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This movie is one bit of awfulness after another, crap from stem to stern, yet I find myself curiously drawn to it. Its kung fu is strong indeed.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penny
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hibikir wrote:
kittyangel wrote:
Ya for some reason I actually like this movie, more than that other one, Armageddon.


You mean Deep Impact? Yes, that one was better than Armageddon IMO.

The Core is an action movie penned by someone who hates physicists with a passion. In an attempt to make every physicist's head explode, the movie goes against every single law of physics known to man. Compared to its horrors, Jules Verne's Journey to the Center of the Earth seems like a geology textbook.


Deep Impact was ok, I think I forgot most of it, I saw it recently too.
But among all of those doom's day movies, I like The Core most, and Sunshine, although the ending for Sunshine isn't my favorite part.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Abby
BC West Coast
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kittyangel wrote:


Deep Impact was ok, I think I forgot most of it, I saw it recently too.
But among all of those doom's day movies, I like The Core most, and Sunshine, although the ending for Sunshine isn't my favorite part.


Sunshine is downright Shakespearean compared to da Core.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.