Popular Tags: [View All]
David Matchen
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like the GCOM website was hacked some time around July 25. During my last attempt to access it (about July 30), it attempted to deliver a trojan payload--specifically, Trojan.Asprox (runs your computer as a proxy server). Firefox presently blocks access to GCOM as a "known attack site."

Any news on what's going on, or what's being done to recover the site? To my knowledge, it's the only way to register for Euro Quest in November. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
norman rule
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got that warning a week ago. I was able to get to the EuroQuest site from a bookmark and sent email to all of the contacts listed for EQ, but no one has responded and they obviously haven't done anything about it. More than likely, they are all completely immersed in WBC right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh you seekers of the new who run terrified from history into the clutches of an eternal life where no electric shaver can be built to last.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

GCOM is aware of the problem and is having difficulty clearing the issue with their ISP.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
norman rule
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Matchen
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any update on this? I haven't felt comfortable trying to access them since the first bit of l33t h4XX0rz h1j1nX.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Casadonte
United States
Media
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The compass always points to Terrapin.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's officially hacked; Keith sent out an email a few days ago telling people to stay off until further notice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh you seekers of the new who run terrified from history into the clutches of an eternal life where no electric shaver can be built to last.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

GCOM should take a moment to get their calendar up on their guild page, since that is by far the most valuable part of their web page's content.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hymowitz
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sagrilarus wrote:

GCOM should take a moment to get their calendar up on their guild page, since that is by far the most valuable part of their web page's content.

I don't know how to make it bigger, but i think it's click-able.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wood
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hymie wrote:

I don't know how to make it bigger, but i think it's click-able.

Enter the size (for example, large) that you wish the image to appear after the image number, like this: ImageID=361295 large

BTW, I'm a bit disappointed that it took GCOM so long to warn its members about this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Matchen
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's fantastic, folks. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
norman rule
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any updates?

The last public notice I saw was 10 days ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.