Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Farr
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been looking around for boardgame "icons" (specifically, images from around 32x32 to 64x64) and have found that there is a distinct lack of good ones. The most common is a single die, a chess piece, or some other pawn (from Ludo, etc).

With all the gifted artistic people on this site, I was sure that some exist out there. Anyone seen any around?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Lambert
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check this thread:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/327762

A game designer (Tom Scutt) designed a set of icons for use with boardgames. Perhaps that is what you are looking for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember you can... erm... 'borrow' anyone's avatar by right-clicking on it and 'copy image'. Save it as a bmp, and it can thereafter be used as an icon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Farr
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. I appreciate the responses.

What I had in mind was some bright, colourful "cartoony" images in the line of the Windows XP icons. A company in Australia designs incredible business icons in this style that we used for a web application that we developed. We use them to overlap the left corner of the section headers to add flavour. I have used the same style to develop an application to keep track of my games, wishlist, plays and so on. I am using one or two icons for everything and it's really boring. I'll keep looking though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.