Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geoffrey LeClair
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I want to make sure I understand this correctly please advise if I am wrong.

1. When you move units from a province to the sea that ends their movment for this turn.

2. Units already at sea may move to another sea zone and not have to roll for losses.

3. Units already at sea may disembark into any province that that sea zone borders but must roll for losses befor placing units in to that province.

4. Units already at sea may move to another sea zone and disembark into any province that that sea zone borders but must roll for losses befor placing units in to that province.

Did I get this right?

Thanks
Geoff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Alexandria Bay
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I understand it:
1. Yes, as per designer's comment to my question on these boards.
2. Yes.
3. No. You only roll for losses during a "sea raid," which only occurs when you move to another province connected only by sea in the same turn. If you move to sea one turn, and then land the next, you don't roll for losses.
4. No, for the same reason as above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Marshall
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zauis wrote:
1. When you move units from a province to the sea that ends their movment for this turn.

From a repsonse from Bruno to an ealier query of mine, the exception to this is if the military units are moved into a sea area with an existing fleet that has yet to be activated that turn. The new units join the fleet and move again when it's activated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey LeClair
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4. So can a unit that is already at sea move to another sea and then disembark without having to roll for losses? I read that this was a legal move in another post. I understand that a sea raid is the only time you roll for losses and a sea raid is defined in the rules as when units move by sea from one province to another that is bordered by the same sea in one turn. This is what I consider to be a blitz type action as you are rushing thru the sea zone to reach the province so I can understand the chance for losses as this could be considered a quick/surprise type of attack that is balance by the chance of losing units. But if you move from one sea zone to another and then disembark on the same turn this is also basicaly a blitz type of action only instead of moving units from one province thru a sea zone to land in another province you are moving units from one sea zone thru another sea zone to land in a province. Either way you are blitzing thru a sea zone to make a surprise landing and I would think that a roll for losses should apply. Where as if you just moved to another sea zone this turn and then landed the next you are not using the blitz type surprise attack and no losses should be rolled for as you took the more obvious, slower and safer way of sea travel.
I have played this game once and really enjoyed it and have found it to easy to understand and teach except for this whole sea raid and sea movment issue which really needs more explanation in the rules exspecially with the group of rule laywers I game with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arto Saari
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools

Hi,

I get the raids and combining the army but what I'm wondering (haven't played yet, just read the rules):

1) How does an sea area get activated? Provinces are clear, hosting player flips over the action? (There's no action at sea areas..)

2) How do you keep track which sea area has been given a possibility to disembark or move?

3) If there's several players' armies at the same sea region, do they all move ..?

Oh god, how is this so vague..

Arto

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Charlebois
Canada
Quebec City
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stanmons wrote:

Hi,

I get the raids and combining the army but what I'm wondering (haven't played yet, just read the rules):

1) How does an sea area get activated? Provinces are clear, hosting player flips over the action? (There's no action at sea areas..)

2) How do you keep track which sea area has been given a possibility to disembark or move?

3) If there's several players' armies at the same sea region, do they all move ..?

Oh god, how is this so vague..

Arto

Please correct me if i'm wrong but here is how I understand it from
some of Bruno's clarifications of the rules.

1. You simply use the move action to move units from a province boardering a sea.

2. If I am correct there are only two seas, the top and the bottom one. So that makes only two possibilities in all.

3. I'm not sure what the question is but, many players could be in one sea and the same time no combat ever happens at sea though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.