Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Curtis Royal
United States
Fernandina Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played scenario two Sunday and came across a couple of questions I meant to look up when I got home but forgot to, so now that I'm thinking of them while at work and don't have the rulebook with me I figure I'd post them (risking possible ridicule).

Having only played scenario one where the setup was hidden and you hid your troop placement using a folded map to block your opponents view, scenario two had no setup explanation other than Lt. Blankenship(?) could be setup anywhere on the map after all other units were setup.
So how do you setup for a scenario?
Is all setups assumed to be hidden setup?
My opponent and I decided to place troops in one hex at a time alternating between the two of us.

My other question is if a game is ended on a surrender then the player who caused the causality to be placed on the 'surrender' marker is the winner or does that just end the game and objective points are then figured out?

thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alpha Mastrano
Australia
Heidelberg
Victoria, Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each scenario specifies who sets up first and depth of the deployment area (e.g. 12 hexes from map edge etc) in the last box of the pre-game sequence. That player sets up all his forces within this are, then the other player sets up.

Some scenarios have special rules about setup area (e.g. Rubble Rousers, with a no-man's-land running diagonally) or setup sequence (e.g. Fat Lipki's simultaneous setup).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan B.
Germany
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In scenario 2 ("Hedgerows & Hand Grenades") the American player sets up his forces 3 hexes deep from his map edge (with the possible exception of Blankenship) and the German player sets up 12 hexes from his map edge. You can find the set up details in the eighth box of the setup sequence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Roosterfish wrote:
My other question is if a game is ended on a surrender then the player who caused the causality to be placed on the 'surrender' marker is the winner or does that just end the game and objective points are then figured out?

The player that caused the casuality wins regardless of the VP total. (The same is true if that player eliminates the last remaining enemy unit on the map.)

VP's only matter when the game ends due to a Sudden Death Roll or a player's last remaining unit is voluntarily exited off the map.

This is detailed in 6.3 of the rules. I know you said you didn't have it with you - but a PDF version of the rules is available both at GMT's website and here on the geek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Royal
United States
Fernandina Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks guys
I read the play book when I got home from work and found the entry of 'first' and 'last' in the Setup box - totally missed it when setting up for the scenario last Sunday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.