Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Dueck
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone tried this? Would get more of the events happening, but how drasticly do you feel this would change the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Doum
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ruggedscooter wrote:
Has anyone tried this? Would get more of the events happening, but how drasticly do you feel this would change the game?

I would imagine that players would be more often play the events, since that way the opponent would get nothing.

This would be a big change. BIG

Unpredictable outcomes may occur.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bauer
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Bazinga!
mbmbmbmbmb
My main concern would be the number of defcon lowering events.
Things like summit, Olympic games, missile envy and several others. The game does a very good job of keeping the tension that you might blow up the world there but in reality you are only forced to on very rare occasions.
The change would make it happen much more often.

I would also be worried a good portion of the game would play itself as you are forced to play half your hand or more for events each round.

I have not tried it and don't think I want to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alpha Mastrano
Australia
Heidelberg
Victoria, Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would also make Ames even deadlier, since now there's no way to play cards like Olympic Games safely, and we sure as heck don't want that...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
First Last
Canada
Rocky Mountain House
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've played 24 games with this "option" and really liked it. Of course this was when I had no idea that mixed cards weren't assoicated with both players.

I found that it made for some tough choices on some cards and easy choices on others. There were a lot of times we'd play the card for the ops and let the opponent play the event. It made managing Defcon a whole lot more important.

I'm unsure as to how the game will play with the actual rules now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.