United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The time was 1:00 in the morning.

Four fulfilling games had been set up, played and devoured.

Five players were left from the night's gaming feast... still hungry for more.

So what to conquer next? What game would feed that hunger for fun at that late hour? Our minds weren't up for the length nor analysis of our normal deep strategy games. Cheesy card games never quite quench the thirst and some gateway games coudn't handle 5 players. We were at a lost... until...

I remembered I had Wits & Wagers stashed in my trunk!! I had failed to bring it in with me in my IKEA bag of games, but I always leave it in the car for those spontaneous moments. We were saved!

I ran to the car, retrieved the game, set it up and we were playing in no time. None of the other 4 guys had played before, so I started explaining the rules. It is so easy to teach that I was finished explaining before I had the game set up (not that game set up takes long, it doesn't, it's just that the rules are THAT simple).

We dove right in with the first few questions. The guys were loving it... eating up every minute of the fun. There was laughter, and cheering and chips being thrown across the room... all the elements of a great late night binge! Before we knew it, the game was over. We had a blast.

Since I assumed the guys had had their fill, I naturally started putting the game away... to my surprise (and delight) they all jeered, taunted and questioned my bahavior. I heard things like...

"What are you doing?! You fool!"

"My God man, you can't be serious. We are just getting started!"

"Have you gone bloody mad?! Give me my dry erase board back."

"You idiot! Sit down and start the next round!"

Well, maybe not exactly those things, but it was definitely along those lines. Either way, these guys had tasted the dessert of our gaming night and they wanted another piece!

So, we continued to play several more rounds that night. It was hilarious. It was enjoyable. It was 2 in the morning and none of us cared. What a great night of gaming capped off with the perfect game to curb our late night craving! Thank you W&W!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.