Popular Tags: GenCon [+] [View All]
Aaron Sapp
United States
Columbia
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've searched and can't find what Rio Grande Games' plans are for this GenCon. Will they be in the convention center, or across the street like last year?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Faust
United States
Malverne
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rio Grande has its own room at the convention center (Room 120, which is across from the exhibit hall, right behind the food court), where I imagine they'll be doing demos the whole time. I don't think they'll have a booth in the exhibit hall, but they may partner with a seller that does have a booth to sell their games (as they've done in years past).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dale yu
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
admin
designer
If you're not part of the soultion...
badge
You're part of the precipitate!
mbmbmbmbmb
Phrim wrote:
Rio Grande has its own room at the convention center (Room 120, which is across from the exhibit hall, right behind the food court), where I imagine they'll be doing demos the whole time. I don't think they'll have a booth in the exhibit hall, but they may partner with a seller that does have a booth to sell their games (as they've done in years past).

This is correct.
We will be there demoing the new games in Room 120.

I'll in fact be one of the demo monkeys from Thursday to Sunday

Hope to see you there!
Dale
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Conway
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In addition to the open game room all four days, Rio Grande has also generously allowed us to host our Spiel-a-thon in the room on Friday night from 5-10 PM.

The Spiel-a-thon is open to everyone! It's a great chance to come play games, meet other Spielers, and win some great prizes. Everyone gets at least one free raffle ticket for prizes (including a copy of Risk: Black Ops) and, if you want, you can help us launch our non-profit, The Spiel Foundation, whose mission is to donate quality games to children's hospitals and senior centers. Here's a link with all the nitty-gritty details:

http://thespiel.net/?q=node/267

Looking forward to next week already.

Spiel on!

Stephen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Schenetzke
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Stephen - Spiel-a-thon sounds like a GREAT event. I'll make sure to pop in and check it out!

All - Forgive my ignorance, but when you say they will be hosting demos - what exactly does that mean? Are those different from the slots that you register for or get generics for?

It's not that I don't want to shell out for generics, but I didn't get to pre-reg this year and I have been sad to see several games I was itching to play have been slowly filling up day by day. Several of them were Rio Grande games. Does this dedicated room and demo time mean that there's a chance to play some games that have all ready been filled up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Conway
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kewpie wrote:
Stephen - Spiel-a-thon sounds like a GREAT event. I'll make sure to pop in and check it out!

All - Forgive my ignorance, but when you say they will be hosting demos - what exactly does that mean? Are those different from the slots that you register for or get generics for?

It's not that I don't want to shell out for generics, but I didn't get to pre-reg this year and I have been sad to see several games I was itching to play have been slowly filling up day by day. Several of them were Rio Grande games. Does this dedicated room and demo time mean that there's a chance to play some games that have all ready been filled up?

Thanks, Kyle. Hope to see you there!

I'm not an official with Rio Grande, but I am 99.9% certain that the game demos are not scheduled and do not require tickets. Just show up, grab a seat and play. Last year's space was small and we actually had times where there were more people than tables or games to play. I don't think that will be a problem at all this year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.