Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wigton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see that it might be possible to run out of cubes, given the fact that you only have 30 per player. Is the 30 a design limit, with a player not allowed to place more cubes if he runs out? Or, can you have more than 30 (by using those from a second copy, or improvising with other counters)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=[Ran Over]=-
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
I think it's a limit.

In a 3/4 player game, choosing only one double-shard tile COULD run you out of cubes. If you never won an election and never "burned" cubes to deploy extra units, this might be a problem. In practice though, a player with a lot of cubes out will tend to win elections. And winning elections obligates you (somewhat) to fight. And in regard to fighting advantage, frequently choosing double-shard tiles is unwise due to the unit placement timing effect.

It balances out. I suspect that running out of cubes is never a problem when playing at least somewhat competently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wigton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see what you mean, but some unusual circumstances could result in reaching 30 e.g. if you frequently missed out in elections (probably in a 4 or 5 player game) combined with a few of your city's locations going unattacked. This situation brought me close to running out in a game yesterday, hence the question...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Wallace
United Kingdom
Manchester
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
30 is the limit, although you should be hard pushed to get that number on the board.

Martin Wallace
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.