Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad S.
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've written a computer version of Zombie in my Pocket called Zombie in my PC. Jeremiah Lee gave his kind permission to make it available to the general public. You can download it from here.
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, this is cruel... the link won't download. cry

Thanks for making that, though... I've been wanting to try this game, but too lazy to print it all out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
Greece
Marousi
Athens
flag msg tools
Game on!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game looks great!

I just run the application to see if there is any problem and everything works ok!

I will play later and post my review!

zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
Grudunza wrote:
Ah, this is cruel... the link won't download. cry

Thanks for making that, though... I've been wanting to try this game, but too lazy to print it all out.

Got it now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F H
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That looks really good, the art looks fantastic.

I dont know if your looking for suggestions for improvements... but I'll suggest anyway. I'd be happier if all of the questions and so on appeared on the right rather than popping up in the middle of the map.

I've played a couple of games, and I send you props, it's a real nice bit of work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Holder
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great job! I've uploaded a screencap for the curious...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad S.
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FNH1 wrote:
I dont know if your looking for suggestions for improvements... but I'll suggest anyway. I'd be happier if all of the questions and so on appeared on the right rather than popping up in the middle of the map.

Yes, I can see how that could be desired. The popup windows can be moved around if you need to see the board. Screen space is a bit limited, so I'll have to see if I can incorporate it into the info box on the right.

I could also just have the popup windows show up above the info box area instead of the center of the screen. How would that be?

FNH1 wrote:
I've played a couple of games, and I send you props, it's a real nice bit of work.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Deagan
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
zombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombie
zombieOutstanding!!!zombie I now have zombiethe original print'n'play, zombiethe fancy purchased version and this.

ZiMP rules!! Play this zombieand buy the game so thatzombie we get more ZiMP fun in the future.zombie

zombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombiezombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Coeur D'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is so great! Thanks so much for making this!

My suggestion (since we are giving them) is to have just a cower button instead of having a window pop-up every turn.

Other little graphical enhancements could be the ability to zoom on the board. Also, it would neat to have an interesting avatar for your character instead of an X, and then the next step could be to have zombie avatars appear in the room you are in when you have to fight them (in the appropriate amount).

But really, this is a great program! And thanks to Jeremiah for inventing the game in the first place. I always keep a copy next to my computer at work to play when I'm waiting for builds or something
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Norton
United States
Washougal
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay now I have something to do at work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Holzgrafe
United States
Happy Valley
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"the understandably frightening and chimeric semicolon" -- HiveGod
mbmbmbmbmb
Major props for supporting all desktop platforms! You have a happy Mac user here.

One small bug report: the application icon is not recognized on my Mac (OS X 10.5). Not sure why, because I see that you included an icon file in the bundle. If I have time, I'll look into it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad S.
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rholzgrafe wrote:
One small bug report: the application icon is not recognized on my Mac (OS X 10.5). Not sure why, because I see that you included an icon file in the bundle. If I have time, I'll look into it.

It's a bug in the Finder. You have to force it to update the icon by either changing the name of the app package, duplicating the app in the Finder (Command-D), or do Get Info and toggle the "Locked" checkbox.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fenwick
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was worth a little bit o' GeekGold. Thanks! It's a thing of beauty, I must say.

Now if someone would just make a version for my phone, I could REALLY have it in my pocket.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Watson
United States
West Jordan
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ZIMP-licious! Thanks you so much! Now I can waste my time at work even faster!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!

And think of the possibilities - re-theming... expanging! OH JOY!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
Greece
Marousi
Athens
flag msg tools
Game on!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
watcher_b wrote:

it would be neat to have an interesting avatar for your character instead of an X, and then the next step could be to have zombie avatars appear in the room you are in when you have to fight them (in the appropriate amount).

I totally agree on that.

Great job.I played a few times.

zombie Particularly when you wait for something to d/l

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb

Downloaded but haven't played it yet. Still, thank you for the work you put into it and the eventual entertainment I'll derive!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ackroyd
United Kingdom
Brighton
E Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't see a link to this on the ZimP game entry - you (or Jeremiah) should add it!
[Or tell me that its there already and I am just unobservant]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Batten
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Links and files require admin approval before they show up. Putting it in a post is the quickest way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maksimov wrote:
fenwic wrote:
Now if someone would just make a version for my phone, I could REALLY have it in my pocket.

Now THAT would be awesome! zombie

There are, actually, two such projects underway, in various levels of permission from me, and platforms.

Wee

Zombie in my Pocket
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon "that sci-fi guy"
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is excellent! Thanks!

(Don't you just love BGG?!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Great job!

I second the "cower" suggestion (using the button instead of constantly having to reject the question), but I'd also like one more simple thing - could the game by default align the doorways of a new tile and just give me the option of rotating it further? A lot of times I don't really need to fine-tune the tile, yet I still have to rotate it because by default it is placed improperly.

Still, a damn fine job indeed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon "that sci-fi guy"
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a thought; now that there's a whole bunch of different scenarios that have been suggested in the ZimP forums, is there any way of incorporating these in the PC version? Perhaps you could choose which one you want to play for each game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh "Der Spieler" Spillers
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes! I buried the totem at exactly 10pm! Very nice implementation. Thanks for sharing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jgreys wrote:
Yes! I buried the totem at exactly 10pm! Very nice implementation. Thanks for sharing.
One of my favorite things about this computer (PC/Mac/Linux) version is that it updates the time as each card passes.

You guys are rating/commenting about the game, right?

Also note that this game is going to be available from Cambridge Games Factory, in a 1-8 player version, in late 2008, early 2009.

And, until the end of the day today, there's a contest going on where you can win a ZimP microbadge and some geekgold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.