Subject: A few questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ari Heino
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I refer to the English rules linked on the game page.

1) Moving your pawn (rules: second column, second picture): are you allowed to take only ONE STEP to the adjacent tile, or can you make SEVERAL STEPS, if they still take you no further than to the adjacent tile, but on the other size of a wall?

2) Playing exterior wall tiles (rules: third column, second picture): do you MUST put the corner to the marked spot? I mean, do you must prevent dead ends as soon as possible, or could you put that corner on the other end and let the following players deal with the other end?

3) Joining the brick wall ends (rules: fourth column, second picture): What happens to the replaced exit tile? Is it shuffled back to the stack? How that affects the game in general and how often the outer wall becomes complete?

4) After the 4th exterior corner is played (rules: fourth column): Does the rule (2) mean that you can take an already played tile and put it to a different location?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ari Heino
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After watching the demo again from the homepage, I try to answer to myself. Correct me if I'm wrong!

aquarian wrote:
1) ... are you allowed to take only ONE STEP to the adjacent tile, or can you make SEVERAL STEPS, if they still take you no further than to the adjacent tile, but on the other size of a wall?

Only one step.

aquarian wrote:
2) ... could you put that corner on the other end and let the following players deal with the other end?

Yes, you could.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Salzwedel
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry. You'd get a faster response emailing your questions.

aquarian wrote:
I refer to the English rules linked on the game page.

1) Moving your pawn (rules: second column, second picture): are you allowed to take only ONE STEP to the adjacent tile, or can you make SEVERAL STEPS, if they still take you no further than to the adjacent tile, but on the other size of a wall?

I can see where you thought this was ambiguous:

"When you move, you may only move from one tile to another tile that is touching on a side if you can do it without crossing the black interior walls or the red brick exterior walls."

Next printing of the rules, the first sentence will add the words in bold:

"Once you have placed your tile you may move your pawn one tile if it is possible."

Quote:
2) Playing exterior wall tiles (rules: third column, second picture): do you MUST put the corner to the marked spot? I mean, do you must prevent dead ends as soon as possible, or could you put that corner on the other end and let the following players deal with the other end?

Correct. The picture, as stated, is just an example. You could also put the corner tile at the other end of the wall.

Quote:
3) Joining the brick wall ends (rules: fourth column, second picture): What happens to the replaced exit tile? Is it shuffled back to the stack? How that affects the game in general and how often the outer wall becomes complete?

I see the wording that confused you. In the revised text, "take the exit out of play" will be replaced with the wording in bold:

"You can use this strategy to discard the exit tile, if it looks like one of your opponents will get to it before you do."

Quote:
4) After the 4th exterior corner is played (rules: fourth column): Does the rule (2) mean that you can take an already played tile and put it to a different location?

I think this is clear if you look at the first sentence after the heading YOUR TURN:

"On your turn, you must draw a face-down tile and attach it on a side (not a corner) to the tiles already face up."

I will post the revised rules to the web site shortly. Thank you for taking the time to point out the ambiguities in the rules.

Mark Salzwedel, designer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ari Heino
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ssgames wrote:
Quote:

I see the wording that confused you. In the revised text, "take the exit out of play" will be replaced with the wording in bold:

"You can use this strategy to discard the exit tile, if it looks like one of your opponents will get to it before you do."

Ok, if there's no exit then, how will the game end?

ssgames wrote:
Quote:

I think this is clear if you look at the first sentence after the heading YOUR TURN:

"On your turn, you must draw a face-down tile and attach it on a side (not a corner) to the tiles already face up."

The sentence "You may now place the cross, parallel, diagonal, and elbow tiles in new locations, OR..." was confusing me. I finally got it. What you actually mean, is "You can play interior tiles as before, OR..." right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Salzwedel
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
aquarian wrote:
ssgames wrote:
Quote:

Ok, if there's no exit then, how will the game end?

ssgames wrote:
Quote:

The sentence "You may now place the cross, parallel, diagonal, and elbow tiles in new locations, OR..." was confusing me. I finally got it. What you actually mean, is "You can play interior tiles as before, OR..." right?

If the exit tile is discarded, it goes with the other discarded tiles. See the DISCARD STACK section.

How about: "When you draw the cross, parallel, diagonal, and elbow tiles, you may either play them in new locations, OR..." ?

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ari Heino
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ssgames wrote:
If the exit tile is discarded, it goes with the other discarded tiles. See the DISCARD STACK section.

Oh, yes, sorry. I forgot the discard stack becomes the new draw stack!

ssgames wrote:
How about: "When you draw the cross, parallel, diagonal, and elbow tiles, you may either play them in new locations, OR..." ?

Well, you can of course formulate it as you think it's best, but the "in new locations" thing confused me and made me think it's something new in contrast to the rules given in the beginning. That's why I proposed the "as before" phrase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.