Subject: Where to get this in the UK? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Watson
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I stupidly left it too long before I tried to get this expansion - and now I can't find it anywhere (in the UK).

Does anyone know somewhere to get it?

On the other hand, I heard rumours that "Rails of Britain" was going to come out; has anyone else heard that? Maybe I should just hang on for that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan L
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine from Shire Games some time back, but they don't seem to have them, and neither does any of the other shops I checked. It does seem like Milan-Spiele.de has stock though in case you don't mind ordering from Germany.

As for the expansion itself, I do like it and think it improves the base game (although I've only played twice so far so take that with a pinch of salt).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Watson
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm kicking myself now, because I almost got it when it first came out.

Ah well, I found confirmation (of a sort) on the Eagle Games site that a "Rails of the UK" board is coming out:

http://boardster.net/eaglegames/viewtopic.php?t=29&sid=a3afd...

I'll just have to wait the months until that comes out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Brokaw
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
It's not a damn moped!
mbmbmbmbmb
HisDivineShadow wrote:
I found confirmation (of a sort) on the Eagle Games site that a "Rails of the UK" board is coming out...

There doesn't seem to be any update on this information in a long while. It would be interesting to see if they do in fact bring a copy to GenCon next week. I'm also really interested to hear when Rails of Europe will be reprinted.

Hopefully someone going to GenCon can bug the Eagle games guys about RRT and RoE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Ottery
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AFAIK Rails of Britain (or whatever it's called) isn't due until 2009. Again, SFAIK Rails of Europe is awaiting a reprint which IIRC was due fairly shortly - Septemberish?

I've been busy waiting for it to come out to get it back in stock again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Brokaw
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
It's not a damn moped!
mbmbmbmbmb
The "boardstar.net" link that Matthew posted just above was from Eagle Games suggesting that they would have their U.K. map available at GenCon this year. I don't think that happened?

As a side note, my FLGS (after much annoying badgering by me) just re-stocked a "bunch" of Rails of Europe. I saw at least 6 or so when I picked up my copy. However, none of the online sources I usually check still has any back in stock:
Funagain
Thoughthammer
Boardsnbits
Coolstuffinc
etc.

I'm a happy gamer again :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Drover
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have a favorite store in the UK, just have them call their games distributor (Esdevium).

Cheers,

Glenn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.