1 Posts

Crokinole» Forums » Sessions

Subject: My first crokinole game. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Bourgeois
British Columbia
flag msg tools

Mom and dad have a board. It's kinda beat-up but still servicable. So I have like only the most basic idea of how to play... it looks like curling so I figured it'd be something like that... close.

Dad ran through the instructions and he and mom did a few flicks to get us going and then with our little girl Karolyn helping out we started the game. First to a 100 was the scoring. I'd do a round by round game but let's be honest... you want to know how badly I got smacked by the folks don't ya?

Highlights of the game... first flick of the game I got a stone/biscuit into the center... one of two during the game that scored. After that I managed to shoot stones off the board almost dinging dad, Kim and Karolyn. I flicked a few that moved about an inch and some that went right through the house. I love this game! Kim was as bad as me but she did have some really good shots. Karolyn who is only two was allowed some lattitude in placing her stones... she didn't hit anything but was great at placing stones and applauding herself afterwards. Mom and Dad are both seasoned players and thus had no probs making tough hits... dad played pool in his early years and was great at doing angles and taking out covered stones with little effort.

By the time the game was over I think we had scored about 50 points. I'm looking for a board for our home now... I think this is a friendly family oriented game that anyone would enjoy as long as they're willing to take some time to learn the very simple rules.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.