Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Sonnenberg
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My son inherited this old box of 66 games a few months ago. It was made or published by the 'Tucket Toy Corp. of Woonsocket, RI - no year is given.

I haven't checked it thoroughly, but it appears that all (or nearly all) bits are included and their condition seems great for as old as this must be. I'm guessing 1940s or 1950s? Even the wood, hinges, and clasp are in good working order. Somewhere along the line, someone added ziplocks for the bits, but even one of the original mini-containers is at least partly there. And that spinner is metal - unbent!

Some of the mini-games on the cardboard inserts are exactly like ones I remember having as a child, but I know we didn't have a whole set in a Chest like this.

Does anyone have any idea if this is worth anything either to a collector or to the general public (aka eBayers)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Rundkvist
Sweden
Saltsjöbaden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The type face on the lid looks like c. 1960 to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I agree with the 1960's assessment.

It may have some value to a collector, especially of games by defunct companies.

I have some money from a toy company which printed it in Milwaukee in the 1930's or 40's and wonder as much myself. But I don't exactly know who or where might care.

I guess that's what eBay will prove to be the best resource for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Do a google search for Tucket Toy Corp. and check out the first three results and the sixth seventh and ninth results.

It will help in valuation tremendously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Sonnenberg
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm, maybe we should just try to trade it. Seems someone's started a Math Trade recently...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Treasure Chest of 66 Games

Translation:
Chess, checkers, Chinese checkers and 63 other games you'll never play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusion Under Fire
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Because of the "recession" that we are currently undergoing it may be better to keep hold of them until the market becomes a little more healthier. Many people have said that the games they have sold on Ebay have not gone for as much as they have liked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.