Popular Tags: [View All]
David Dixon
United States
Mauldin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a complaint, exactly, more of a vent really...

I finally had another good geeklist idea come to me after months and months of not posting one. And, boy, does it take a loooooong time for me to write my Geeklists. I'm more than a bit verbose, I suppose...

Anyway, right after writing a large amount for one of the items, I hit save and... *poof* the site refreshed and the page went white, and it dumped part of my list... and now, it is quite late, and waaaaayyy too late for me to rewrite it.... so frustrating. "Bill Gates must die!" to quote a song by John Vanderslice I heard years and years ago...

Oh well, I suppose there is always tommorrow. I just couldn't leave having typed on something for so long and then have nothing to show for it... arrrggh.

Diis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
After having things like that happen too often, I now write geek lists in WordPad and then cut and paste quickly when posting the list. (It also helps keep your list near the top longer, because long lists can take so much time to get up that you're already three or four down the chain when it is "born")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barlow
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Well, at least it's not raining.
mbmbmbmbmb
I spent a lot of time last night niggling a game forum post last night. I had made the original document in Word, but, of course, I had to edit and add bits as I previewed again and again.

I spent a lot of time worrying that BGG would suddenly close for maintenance, and I would lose the whole thing.

But, say, wouldn't your page with your words on it still be in your History files, providing you haven't dumped it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to hear from ya in any case Diis!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cheng
United States
Catonsville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
vandemonium wrote:

Yes, welcome back indeed.

And Aldie should implement a way to save a geeklist in progress, maybe marking it private would accomplish the same goal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
STRAP IN » BURN ON » BLACK OUT
badge
HIT 'EM FROM ORBIT
mbmbmbmbmb
The second draft is always better.

cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
Zalasta wrote:
vandemonium wrote:

Yes, welcome back indeed.

And Aldie should implement a way to save a geeklist in progress, maybe marking it private would accomplish the same goal?
I'm pretty sure they are saved as you add entries to the list. I've had in-progress geek lists still there after the system comes back up. But if you spend a long time typing on a particular entry (or on the header), you can lose it in the interim.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
badge
A foolproof method for sculpting an elephant: first, get a huge block of marble, then you chip away everything that doesn't look like an elephant.
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/33687

Think I found it! Geeklists are saved every time you add an item, so you just have to remember the geeklist ID in order to recover it or do what I have done and, starting with the most recent geeklist, go through them manually modifying the url.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dixon
United States
Mauldin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I see what you mean. In fact, my geeklist took me so long to build that it was several pages down when I posted it... which is frustrating, considering how long it took me to write it...

Diis

All that follows added in edit.

In fact, my geeklist is now on page seven five minutes after it was posted. I hadn't realized that the Geeklist methodology encourages quick lists rather than taking your time to make them... strange.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.