Popular Tags: [View All]
Timothy Pinkham
United States
La Palma
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've noticed that there are lots of named elements in RftG. There are Rebels, Aliens, etc and a number of worlds.

Did Mr. Lehmann have a story in mind for his RftG world? If so, can someone write it out so the rest of us can be in on it?

If would be cool to know the significance of the various features, if there is any.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See "About the Galaxy..."
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/296214

The designer gives a pretty long answer in that thread. It sheds a bit more light, but the entire story is not spelled out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Pinkham
United States
La Palma
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the link! I had browsed all 23 pages of general posts, but didn't catch that one!

I guess I still don't know what the Imperium is. Care to explain?

It sounds like Rebels are just groups who are against the Imperium. Is this kind of like the rebels in Star Wars opposing the Empire?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think so, except that I don't think there's any indication whether the Imperium or the Rebels are the bad guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wei-Hwa Huang
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the Star Wars analogy is good but it misses on one big point, which is that the Rebels in the RftG universe are independent. They share a common hatred for the Imperium but they haven't really learned to work with each other yet.

The Imperium appears to be, well, some intra-galactic space empire. Right now either they're still small, or humans just haven't encountered enough of their posts (there's only a couple of cards that have their name on it) but we'll see more of them in the expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That helps - I was under the impression that the Imperium was being set up by the expanding humans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.