Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps you should read more carefully: (Edited because the post Nazis are in an uproar.)

Quote:
We will start shipping Agricola, one of the most raved-about games of the past few years, Tuesday, oldest preorders first.

It says in stock....but then Zev said it was allocated...and further I wonder how many copies are really "for sale".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slyvanian Frog
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
Perhaps you should read more carefully:

Just an aside on geeks and internet correspondence generally. It is fascinating how often you see this type of minor snark.

It's like people have to phrase things in insulting or intellectually challenging ways.

We have to say, "Perhaps you should read more carefully," because apparently just saying something like, "I'm not sure that's right, if you look further down the page," would just be too polite and friendly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
Quote:
We will start shipping Agricola, one of the most raved-about games of the past few years, Tuesday, oldest preorders first.

It says in stock....but then Zev said it was allocated...and further I wonder how many copies are really "for sale".

It's possible that Jim ordered more than his pre-order number to have a small amount of in-stock copies for sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Cabeen
United States
Santa Barbara / Goleta
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When it was on pre-order, Jim said he was only pre-selling one-third of his order. This is the remaining two-thirds of his initial shipment, I presume.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael kamin
United States
North Aurora
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed this about 4 hours ago and place my order. I'm hoping they will have a copy for me come Tuesday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
SlyFrog wrote:
locusshifter wrote:
Perhaps you should read more carefully:

Just an aside on geeks and internet correspondence generally. It is fascinating how often you see this type of minor snark.

It's like people have to phrase things in insulting or intellectually challenging ways.

We have to say, "Perhaps you should read more carefully," because apparently just saying something like, "I'm not sure that's right, if you look further down the page," would just be too polite and friendly.

I'm with you. My pet peeve is when someone starts their reply with "Ummm..."
It's like they're calling you a total moron to start things off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Guess how many times I've typed this "often used minor snark":

Once.

Mine was actually an attempt to encourage you to buy now or miss out. Too bad my actually innocent comment was taken the wrong way.

I am a long time BGG user, and try to help out wherever I can; sorry you don't see it that way.

Thanks for nothing though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Lizak
United States
Fairfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
umm...

Just kidding. I was looking at Boulder the other day for the game and they stated that they were only taking pre-orders up to 1/3rd of their allotment. That way if they didn't get the full allotment, they weren't on the hook to anyone. Any extras they received above that 1/3rd amount would be on sale first come, first served.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bourrillion
United States
Mountain View
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
Perhaps you should read more carefully: (Edited because the post Nazis are in an uproar.)

Nazis now! That's rich.

slyfrog's comment was perfectly diplomatic and, well, right. I don't see what made you get so bleeding defensive about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
Deep breaths.

Stay calm.

I'll smack the winner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marc magner
United States
webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:

Quote:

when the publisher says he's sold out... that only means that stores have purchase all of the publishers print run, that does not mean that the stores have sold all the copies that they purchased.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Murtagh
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Thanks Ted, I have never ordered a game online so I do not know all the sites...like many I have been looking for a place to order since I missed the pre-order. I just ordered mine from Boulder (it still says In Stock). Hopefully I will join in the excitment soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
melissa wrote:
Deep breaths.

Stay calm.

I'll smack the winner.

ooo, I hope I win!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
slyfrog's comment was perfectly diplomatic and, well, right. I don't see what made you get so bleeding defensive about it.

I've never bled defensive...I always seem to bleed offensive

and Melissa makes the save

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.