Lord of the Rings: The Confrontation» Forums » Rules

Subject: rule question: Sauron's Retreat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Hammer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,

I've come across a weird situation that I found no resolution for in the rulebook. What happens if the last card left in the Sauron player's hand is the 'Retreat' but he cannot use it (due to the adjacent field being full or occupied by an enemy piece)?

Is the piece killed, or does the battle take place like he couldn't retreat?

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious or this has been discussed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
malus wrote:
Hey,

I've come across a weird situation that I found no resolution for in the rulebook. What happens if the last card left in the Sauron player's hand is the 'Retreat' but he cannot use it (due to the adjacent field being full or occupied by an enemy piece)?

Is the piece killed, or does the battle take place like he couldn't retreat?

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious or this has been discussed.

You can always play the card. You may not always be able to execute what the card says. In this case you play Retreat but cannot move so the fight is resolved with your combat strength being what is printed on the unit.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Hammer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Matthew!

Does this mean that I can play the Retreat card any time in a situation where it cannot have an effect just to get rid of it? Or this only applies if I have no other choice?

edit: Having re-read MMM's original post, I realized that's exactly what he'd said. Sorry... blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can play cards which have no effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.