Wizard's Gambit» Forums » Rules

Subject: Unclear about the order of player actions. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Hamson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am really unsure about what order I can do things on my turn. In the booklet on page 4 it states that I can do the following two actions in any order. 1. Play a magical component. 2. Optionally play a gambit or incantation card.

Now I read this as being able to either start with a component or start with a gambit card/incantation. However I have read on this site that you have to play a component first. I guess I am confused with how its written. Can someone please explain exactly in what order actions can be performed on your turn.

I get that I have to play a component during my turn and that if I can't my turn ends and I draw two cards, but can I reveal that I don't have a component after I have taken one of my other two actions?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maddog McGraw
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i beleive you can play in any order.

this gives you flexibility to gain the benefit of your incantation 1st, and then hopefully play your component claim your spell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Hamson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sirpent0r wrote:
i beleive you can play in any order.

this gives you flexibility to gain the benefit of your incantation 1st, and then hopefully play your component claim your spell.

Thats how I read the rule myself. I just noticed on here a few people seem to disagree over that, so I just wanted to make sure we were playing it correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maddog McGraw
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules seem pretty clear on the "in any order" phase of play.

Play Phase
The following two (2) actions may be played in any order:
1. Play a Magical Component next to one of the Spells in the Spell Pool.
2. Optionally perform an Incantation action:
• Play an Incantation card –or–
• Play or release a Gambit card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Hamson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules looked clear to me as well, but when I was looking at the comments section one poster had this to say. "The turn order is very important, for you cannot play a gambit until AFTER you have played a component - thus, you can't destroy your opponent's gambit in play, and THEN take a spell - that isn't allowed." -Chrisnd

So I just wanted to make absolutely sure that I was playing the right way. Thanks for the input guys
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.