Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Harding
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state:

"The round ends when the last card of both players is placed."

There is a conflict here... does the game end immediately the final tile is placed (which could leave a perch conflict in place)? Or does the round in which the tile is placed conclude, eg challenges are resolved, and once complete then the game ends?

I'm assuming the latter, but a literal reading of the rules suggests the game ends immediately the final tile is placed - but if so how are final perch conflicts handled?

Anybody?

Thanks,

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules don't say, "immediately", they say "when". This to me just clarifies that all cards are played to end the round. This sentence is immediately followed with, "After the round ends, players score points for the perches they control". How do you determine control? If a perch is already controlled by a bird, you must resolve the challenge.

The rules also state:

"A challenge occurs EVERY time a player attempts to take control of a perch already controlled by his opponent".

After the last card has been played and any challenges are resolved the round ends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Harding
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Seems we agree then.

I still feel the rules wording is ambiguous as "when" can mean "at that time", ie immediately, and of course the other rule you point out, or indeed any rule, can be superseded by another should the designers wish, and to my mind, in this case, the literal wording seems to imply that.

Anyway, I'll follow common sense here

Cheers,

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.