Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Graber
United States
Louisville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played our first game of 2038 between last night and this morning. The game probably went 4.5 hours. The game ended in phase IV. I wonder if we were doing something wrong since the game ended early...?

We had a lot of fun. This is a great variation on the 18XX theme.

Aso, the game included resource counters to mark on your ships the cargos they were carrying. This seemed great to simplify keeping track of how much each space ship route brought in... Problem is we ran out these resource markers very early and had to go back to route counting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2038 seems to be built around a "hidden" phase trigger. Games I've played end either in phase IV or phase VI, both of which seem quite possible depending on what's going on. It's hard to imagine a game getting to phase V and then ending before phase VI, but I'm sure it's possible.

After a half-dozen games I'm starting to form some sense of how this phase-trigger operates and when to expect IV Vs. VI, and how to evaluate who it benefits, etc. It would be an interesting topic of discussion among players who had some experience with the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.