1 Posts

Formula Dé» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Curt Collins
United States
flag msg tools
I've had these for some time. I thought that the geeks here might enjoy my write-ups.

I think it was during 2003, but I ran a series of Formula De races at GASP. I'll post the ones that I can find as the participants really enjoyed them. They are done in the style of a newspaper article the day after the race.

We played with one car per player, and went two laps with customized setups.

Tragedy strikes the Detroit GP

Race teams and fans alike are mourning the loss of Nick 1 today after his #4 Renault launched off of the second corner and into the wooded area beyond. He was pronounced dead on the scene. When asked for comment, his car owner Nick Williams had this to say, "It was boring". Further comments were declined by the emotionally distraught owner. The car had a poor qualifying run and didn't seem to be up to speed at the beginning of the race. As it came towards turn two, the car appeared to have lost throttle control as it never even slowed approaching the corner. There is an investigation currently underway.

Curt Collins wins the Detroit GP

The Black and Blue #6 Renault took the checkered flag yesterday, leading the way at the line both laps. Dan Cetorelli started on the pole but was overtaken quickly by Rick Meyers who shot out of the first turn with a fairly large lead. Curt Collins was hot on his tail until they reached the backstretch where he was able to overtake Rick coming out of a corner. Nick Williams' driver then flew of turn two where he was pronounced dead, but the track officials decided to allow the race to continue. Racing for second place was intense, as the pack entered the backstretch on turn one, they were all bunched up three wide. The chicane offered some tense moments as Random Todd Flew through the entire corner and seemed to defy the laws of physics by coming to a complete stop for several seconds without decelerating at all. Race experts, along with scientists have agreed that this visual illusion was caused by swamp gas reflecting the light of the planet Venus. Coming towards the line for the first lap, Nick "Schumacher" Schurch was right in Curt Collins' tracks but elected to pit for tires. Most of the rest of the field made stops as well, most notably the pole sitter who had a long pit stop removing any hopes for a win. Even after making a stop, The #17 McLaren caught and passed the leader on the back straight, but was overtaken by the #6 once again as he slammed the brakes hard going into the chicane. Rick Meyers found himself racing for second place once again going into the last corner, and from seemingly out of nowhere Random Todd, being called "The Anomaly" by fans and teams alike, was hot on both of their tails coming off the last turn. Random Todd’s #15 Ferrari passed both cars and came home second to Curt Collins. Nick Schurch managed to hold on to third. The pole sitter had a disappointing day coming home eighth and earning one point.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.