Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Gill
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
As the following are really helpful i've created this new post:

The reply from Bruno:

hello !

i will answer very fast, just because i have only a few minutes now.. (i'm on hollidays in a cybercafe and my son is waiting for me...)

1) Non-player trading cards. I assumed that their only use would be for handing back to their 'owner' as part of a set of 5 (earning 10 honor). Other players think you should draw hanafuda cards from the general deck and then select one card, returning the rest. Which is correct ?

They can be use for set of 5 OR, concerning commercial support, you can draw in the general dack, take one, and dicard the others

2) non-player family cards that are not bid for by any player. I assume these remain on the table for the next turn and 2 further cards are drawn. Is this correct or should all cards (except those where a tie occurs) be returned to the decks ?

it's correct

all games:

3) Movement from a province. Can all forms of movement be used when a province is resolved. eg if there are 6 units in a province: 2 attack province A (combat occurs); 1 moves to sea; 2 do a sea raid to province B; then 1 attacks province A again (combat occurs). This seems fine to me but there was no example in the rules of ground and sea movement from one province in the same turn.

you're not far from the truth !!!
You can make all form of movements from a single province in the sae turn but...
If you can only attack a province one time in the same turn

4) There does seem to be a fantastic movement advantage to keeping one military unit in each sea as this removes the need for sea raids IF you are the host (or can negotiate for the host to select provinces/fleets in the right order for you). Is this correct ?

It's correct... but you have to take in in mind that a game is played in only 4 or 5 turns... that means that taking one turn to just put one military unit in the seas, preparing next turn is often.. too long !!!

5) When handing in animal cards, for honor, can two cards be the same animal? I thought this should be ok.

yes you're right !!

Thanks to Brunio for responding so quickly.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
He knows if you've been bad or good.
Posco wrote:
Thanks to Bruno for responding so quickly.

This is one of the smaller reasons that I very much enjoy Mr. Cathala's games - he's very active in supporting his own games and answering any rules questions which may pop up.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.