Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Haberman
United States
Painesville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the 38 random cards that the starters come with the same as what comes in the boosters, or are they different cards tailored to the starting characters?

In other words, why should I buy 4 boosters (40 random cards) for $19.20 when I can buy a starter pack for $17.80 (38 random cards, plus everything else). Not to mention the boosters are sold out at Boulder games.

This isn't really a cost issue for me, I just want to now if I can get the same cards buying the starter sets, but it does seem the boosters should be cheaper.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Böttcher
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The random cards in the starter are the same as the cards in the boosters.

Take the Starter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Haberman
United States
Painesville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Jones
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
habermanm wrote:
Are the 38 random cards that the starters come with the same as what comes in the boosters, or are they different cards tailored to the starting characters?

In other words, why should I buy 4 boosters (40 random cards) for $19.20 when I can buy a starter pack for $17.80 (38 random cards, plus everything else). Not to mention the boosters are sold out at Boulder games.

This isn't really a cost issue for me, I just want to now if I can get the same cards buying the starter sets, but it does seem the boosters should be cheaper.

Thanks!

The one point where I might see boosters being useful is to create a situation where you have multiples of a certain kind of attack in the deck... (don't even know if you CAN do that in Corunea, but it worked in Pokemon, Magic, etc. etc.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Böttcher
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The one point where I might see boosters being useful is to create a situation where you have multiples of a certain kind of attack in the deck... (don't even know if you CAN do that in Corunea, but it worked in Pokemon, Magic, etc. etc.)

It is not possible. Only one of each card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Jones
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Baerenkeks wrote:
Quote:

It is not possible. Only one of each card.

Then please cheerfully ignore me! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
delattre alain
France
orleans
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
only the specific persona card in the starter are fixed, the other are aleatory
so it's better to buy different starter , for have more variability for heroes , and having a good amount of other card to create combo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.