Subject: Alliance & Empire Set Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Anderson
United States
Ennis
Montana
flag msg tools
There is nothing better than playing board games with my 4 sons!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty new to SW Minis, my boys got into them and now I am too. I've been buying a lot of commons on ebay and in trade groups and whatnot, and I have a quick question.

On the Alliance & Empire set, are there two different base styles? The square commemorative ones that say "Star Wars" on the front AND regular circle ones, or is there only the square ones?

Thanks,
D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Doyle
United States
Huntley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Alliance and Empire Set is the only one that has the square bases. This set was released as part of the 30th anniversary celebration for Star Wars. All of the other sets have the standard circle base.

Generally, the square base was not well received in the SWM community. . .you can read more on this topic over on the SWM Forum on WoTC's site. . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Caspers
Germany
Mönchengladbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The are a few miniatures of the Alliance&Empire Set available with round bases as part of the Battle of Hoth Scenario Pack.
There have been rumors of a reprint of this set with round bases, but so far these continue to be just that, rumors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Anderson
United States
Ennis
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, thanks for the answers on that! I read a message and someone had said there was a reissue with round bases, but if there are no minis turning up, then you are right, probably just rumors!

I personally don't like the square bases, it seems to take away from the game and the mini stands out as being different.

D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.