United Kingdom
Camberley
Middlesex
flag msg tools
Crumpets Buttered and Tea, what more could you ask for in life
badge
Crumpets Buttered and Tea, what more could you ask for in life
mbmbmbmbmb
This game shows that it was made in 1960 however I have a copy that was given to me but there is no indication of date made or manufacturer. Does anyone know if this game was released before Escape from Colditz which is 1972 from my understanding or after?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a copy and it seems to be a direct bootleg version of Colditz. The similarities are so strong, it seems beyond credibility that this game was produced a decade before Colditz. Given that the film The Great Escape wasn't released until 1963, the idea that a publisher came up with that name too is hard to believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Evan Brooks
United States
Gainesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Except the book was first published in 1950...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, the book "The Colditz Story" was published in 1952.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Reid#Publications

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Sturgeon
msg tools
I had this game as a kid, I got it because we couldn't get a copy of escape from colditz. I also has escape from Colditz Castle. The great escape was released after escape from colditz and escape from colditz castle. This game was released late 70's or early 80's, but after both Colditz board games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.