Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt V
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Use to play this a looong time ago and will be introducing it to my local club soon. I'll probably have some questions for you all later.

I've been playing around with ideas on how to modify the game. Has anyone adapted the game to cars other than fomula 1 cars? How about stock cars, or dune buggies, or something? I have thought about changing the spaces from representing 20 mph spaces to 10. And then giving cars lower characteristics such as a top speed of 110, 120, 130.

Also, do home made maps with no rhyme or reason for corners and such throw off the balance of the game. Could I just make any map to this game and race it? I can't see why it would be unbalanced as everyone has to race the same map as long as there are places to pass. Do you think the original maps make for a balanced game, or is there no balance needed in a map?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just call me Erik
United States
Waldorf
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find the early-formula-1 theme most gratifying on my 1971 3M version. You could try sports cars or something. Stock cars would be boring

As for the spaces, why? The math is all the same, you're just making the cars seem slower.

And as for the map, go for it. The only "Balance" you need to worry about is having corners spaced and speed-designated appropriately so it isn't easy to forget about the tight hairpin after the long sweeping right-hander. Unless you like being evil like that All the other balance is handled by the players playing the same map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt V
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a miniature and modelling guy and I'd like to model this game using small formula cars. Why I asked this above question is that while looking for miniature formula 1 cars, and not finding any at a local shop, I ran into some other racing cars that are really nice. I'd like to use those somehow, and since I like the Speed Circuit system, I'm thinking it's a match made in heaven.

thanks for the reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just call me Erik
United States
Waldorf
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! I found some Metal cars on here a while back through (I believe) Funagain Games. They may still have some left.

What kind of cars are you thinking of using?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.