Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Fortner
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have run through most of a solo game and will be teaching to 3 others tonight. From reading the AO abilities it seems like they could vary the game difficulty and length substantially. The goals are:

* I want to keep the session about 3 hours
* Expose a good spread of investigator abilities
* I would also like to have a strong support character to help everyone out as much as possible

Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Altauri wrote:
* I want to keep the session about 3 hours

Normally, I'd say Azathoth, but since you imposed a time limit, Yig is the fastest.

Quote:
* Expose a good spread of investigator abilities
* I would also like to have a strong support character to help everyone out as much as possible

Any suggestions?

Joe Diamond, Mandy Thompson, Michael McGlen and Gloria Goldberg/Darrell Simmons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to agree with almost everything Dam said - even the Azathoth comment.

An alternate to Yig would be Ithaqua, just to give you options. The bonus is you can avoid environment (weather) mythos cards, which can be a slight pain to keep track of.

I would give a nod to Darrell over Gloria as you typically spend more time in Arkham than the OW. "Ashcan" Pete is another choice and I might place him ahead of Michael McGlen (McGlen's low Sanity can cause some problems in the early game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fess up Brian, you just prefer Duke > Tommy Gun !

As for Darrell vs Gloria, I put down Gloria mainly to include someone who starts with Spells which may or may not be advisable for a first game (she does start with enough cash for 1 shopping turn, Darrell tends to get more money than her if you don't roll 1 on the 2nd turn for the Retainer; which I tend to do yuk ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.