GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,355 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Wilderness War» Forums » News

Subject: Reprint delayed? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Volpe
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The August 13th update from GMT no longer includes Wilderness War as a December release. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hoffman
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cosmid wrote:
The August 13th update from GMT no longer includes Wilderness War as a December release. cry

The P500 on that slowed to a crawl. I kept hearing from lots of folks that they weren't going to bother with the preorder "since it was getting reprinted in December no matter what, so why bother." In looking at the email, the Blackbeard reprint seems to have bumped it. Since that sold out far faster than expect, it's not all that surprising.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
But please don't call me Jerry.
badge
At one time, I didn't really like Power Grid so Ted made my piece a Power Grid piece.
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW, I have a pretty reasonably priced (as in, I'm not making money and I am actually losing some) shrinked copy for sale in the marketplace. It's $80, but that includes the deluxe map (I paid $65+shipping for the game, and then another $15 or so for the map).

No reason to wait!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hoffman
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
texasjdl wrote:
FWIW, I have a pretty reasonably priced (as in, I'm not making money and I am actually losing some) shrinked copy for sale in the marketplace. It's $80, but that includes the deluxe map (I paid $65+shipping for the game, and then another $15 or so for the map).

No reason to wait!

Nice shill for yourself [Actually, that is a really good price as that's a few bucks *less* than what I paid for the same combo off the shelf at my local game shop ($65 + $20 for the map and updated rules). I'd be all over that if I didn't already own it.]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Maxwell
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw that so I went over to the GMT site and chatted with a customer rep. They told me that everything is still on schedule for Wilderness War, so I guess it was just an omission from the newsletter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel K
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As soon as we finish moving to our new house this weekend and getting our address changed, I'll be preordering a copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana R.
United States
Claremont
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Devotium Popcornicus
mbmbmbmbmb
A response to my question about this re-release:

"Reprints are strange animals. They depend partly on P500 orders and partly on how much surplus cash we can dig up from time to time. Having been published and sold out, we no longer have that P500 imponderable we did for the original game - we know it will sell. Now the only question is when can we come up with enough money from all sources.

Currently it looks like 2009 will be the year of the WW reprint.

Thanks!

Tony Curtis
Manager, GMT Games LLC"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Maxwell
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two different customer reps have told me over the last couple of weeks that WW is still on schedule for December. Somebody needs to get their stories straight at GMT.

And if it is delayed, why bother listing it as scheduled for 3-4 weeks only to pull it again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Cooper
United States
Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't you will be seeing a reprint of this game at least until late next year. GMT has had too many popular games out of print in front of it. And there seems to be more and more copies of games going out of print that are bigger sellers and need to be reprinted. It has done pretty poorly with the reprint numbers on P500. They might print it along with Washington's War, but even that game received just as many votes on the P500 in a couple of days as Wilderness War has even though it has been on there for more than a year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana R.
United States
Claremont
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Devotium Popcornicus
mbmbmbmbmb
I got tired of waiting and although I refuse to pay the present cost people are asking I was able to trade for a copy of WW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel K
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems to have picked up another 10 or 15 preorders since Washington's War went on P500 last week.

I'll continue to wait it out. Copies on eBay are just a little too spendy for my tastes the last couple months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Maxwell
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well December has come and gone, so apparently the infomration the GMT reps gave me was in error. angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Maxwell
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just chatted with a GMT customer service rep yesterday. Apparently they put it on the schedule for December projecting that it would have hit the 500 mark by then. Since it didn't it was taken off the schedule and will return once the orders get to the 500 mark.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.