GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,551 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Geoff
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I want to believe
badge
*distinctive theme song whistle*
mbmbmbmbmb
We're having a game night tonight as a going away party for a member of our crew. The turnout looks like it'll be huge! The list is up to 13 people, and almost all of those are definite yesses. Game nights usually average about 6 people for us, with the occasional 8- or 9-person nights.

I have no idea how we'll fit that many games in a one bedroom apartment. We're going to have to pull out the card table to up the table count to 3 and hope to find some floor space beyond that. However we manage, though, it should be a good night. My fiancee and I have played a couple games of Arkham Horror recently to get hold of the rules, so hopefully we can get a table of that rolling.

What's the largest number of people you guys have crammed into your homes (or seen crammed into the homes of other hosts)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Eastbourne
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
# I hope they like jammin' too #

My groups are always tiny but this is something I hope to expand upon in the future. Look forward to hearing how it all goes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I once held a scrabble night for about a dozen people in my old apartment. We were all crammed in one 10x12 room. I had no table, so we played on the floor using 3 folio boards and one deluxe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Back in my D & D days we had 7 to 8 guys in a small room probably the size of my cubicle (12 by 12 maybe.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Robledo
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Click my Extended Stats user Microbadge!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a one bedroom apartment as well, and my game night once ballooned to about 10-12 people. I think what I did was:

4-5 player game in dining room table
5-6 player game in coffee table (party games are good for coffee table gaming)
Fired up the Xbox 360 on my bigscreen TV and had some of the guys and gals play some rock band, carcassonne and Scene It!

Everyone was entertained and had a good time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I want to believe
badge
*distinctive theme song whistle*
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that wasn't as bad as I thought. We had 11 people here, so we split up into 3 games. After a few filler games while we waited for everybody to show up, we split into a table of 3 (a couple games of Scrabble), a table of 4 (Ticket to Ride: Europe) and a table of 4 (Talisman 4th edition-- the table I planted myself at). Everybody seemed to have elbow room and all enjoyed their games (although Talisman dragged on a bit at the end for some, naturally).

I was a bit sad to skip Arkham Horror, but honestly by the time we got around to starting the game I didn't want to go through the rules explanation required to get rolling on Arkham.

Apples to Apples proved to be an excellent filler game at the beginning, because we could easily deal people in as they showed up, and we were able to keep playing after the game was officially "over" and we were still munching on pizza. We weren't all heavy gamers, either, so it was a great way to break in the newbies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.