GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,451 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Suggestions

Subject: GeekGold Donations rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dev Sodagar
United Kingdom
Sutton
Surrey
flag msg tools
The Ragados
badge
Ragados
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it woulld be a good idea to encourage people to donate 10% of the GG they get, it isn't much and it is good for community. I don't think it should be compulsory at all just maybe have it written somewhere as a suggest level of 'reinvestment' as it were.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Donate it to who/what?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ragados wrote:
I think it woulld be a good idea to encourage people to donate 10% of the GG they get, it isn't much and it is good for community. I don't think it should be compulsory at all just maybe have it written somewhere as a suggest level of 'reinvestment' as it were.


Since it's site-created currency, I'm not sure what you mean. They could burn 10%, or use 10% on microbadges and avatars, but that would just be a sink. I think the closest thing you might be able to do is when someone buys cash for geekgold on an auction, you could suggest that they donate a portion of the claimed funds.

Which is not to say that I support that idea (I don't; I believe charity should all be ex gratia), but I think that might be the most likely way to encourage a re-investment when using lots of geekgold.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diz Hooper
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also confused. What would the purpose of the donations be? It's not like you can buy canned foods with Geekgold.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
Donate it to who/what?


To the game orphanage. Or the house for wayward expansions. Think of the games, people!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
LurkingMeeple wrote:
mrbeankc wrote:
Donate it to who/what?


To the game orphanage. Or the house for wayward expansions. Think of the games, people!


You could donate it to this guy... he's 102K in the hole

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/BoardGameGeek/geekstuff
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
skelebone wrote:
You could donate it to this guy... he's 102K in the hole

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/BoardGameGeek/geekstuff
and a 'lousy' "tipper" to "Hows WANT" 200 Yahoo boot! surprise
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
Donate it to who/what?

I suggest deadbeat beggars. It's a great turnaround on your investment.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dev Sodagar
United Kingdom
Sutton
Surrey
flag msg tools
The Ragados
badge
Ragados
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok so I turn around for 5min and get drowned in questions.
The idea I had was just to encourage people to donate their GG to people they think have made good contributions. I know this is already possible, I just thought it'd be nice to encourage people to do it a little more often.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
ragados wrote:
Ok so I turn around for 5min and get drowned in questions.
The idea I had was just to encourage people to donate their GG to people they think have made good contributions. I know this is already possible, I just thought it'd be nice to encourage people to do it a little more often.
being 'there', doing 'that'! cool
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.