GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,890 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Rocketville - $7.00 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alain Xalabarde
Austria
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmb
Toys R Us.
I didn't want to buy it. But my ex bought it for me.
I was looking forward to it, since it had to do with elections and such, which I found interesting.
Played it only once. Really crappy. You don't have to use your brain at all with this game. Way too basic (even for kids).
Not even worth the $7.00
In fact, they still sell it in Toys R Us (Times Square) for $7.00, after almost 2 years, and people still haven't bought it.
Rocketville
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Lopuszanski
United States
Windham
Connecticut
flag msg tools
So hear me roar! RAWR! (Or ask me about it)
badge
Her Serenity, The Lady of Pain.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yarasmodai wrote:
Toys R Us.
I didn't want to buy it. But my ex bought it for me.
I was looking forward to it, since it had to do with elections and such, which I found interesting.
Played it only once. Really crappy. You don't have to use your brain at all with this game. Way too basic (even for kids).
Not even worth the $7.00
In fact, they still sell it in Toys R Us (Times Square) for $7.00, after almost 2 years, and people still haven't bought it.
Rocketville


SPAMMMM. Why did you post a seperate Hot Deal for EACH game you found at TRU or Compleat Strategist? Seems a little silly... they could have easily been combined into one post per location.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Xalabarde
Austria
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmb
Stexe wrote:
Yarasmodai wrote:
Toys R Us.
I didn't want to buy it. But my ex bought it for me.
I was looking forward to it, since it had to do with elections and such, which I found interesting.
Played it only once. Really crappy. You don't have to use your brain at all with this game. Way too basic (even for kids).
Not even worth the $7.00
In fact, they still sell it in Toys R Us (Times Square) for $7.00, after almost 2 years, and people still haven't bought it.
Rocketville


SPAMMMM. Why did you post a seperate Hot Deal for EACH game you found at TRU or Compleat Strategist? Seems a little silly... they could have easily been combined into one post per location.


Crap, sorry about that. I'm pretty new at this. Will do that next time.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sneezy96
United States
Cranston
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI Buying & Selling - Hot Deals - is for people to announce current great deals on a game for sale so that others might be able to get that game @ that great price as well.

It's ok, that you listed all of your personal great buys 1 by 1, but you just should have done that else where on this site. The best place to have listed those would have been in a geeklist such as "Your Thrift Store/Bargain Finds...." Here's the link for this week's bargain geeklist: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/33764

Welcome to Board Game Geek.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Xalabarde
Austria
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmb
Sneezy96 wrote:
FYI Buying & Selling - Hot Deals - is for people to announce current great deals on a game for sale so that others might be able to get that game @ that great price as well.

It's ok, that you listed all of your personal great buys 1 by 1, but you just should have done that else where on this site. The best place to have listed those would have been in a geeklist such as "Your Thrift Store/Bargain Finds...." Here's the link for this week's bargain geeklist: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/33764

Welcome to Board Game Geek.


Thanks for the tip, and sorry about that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sneezy96 wrote:
FYI Buying & Selling - Hot Deals - is for people to announce current great deals on a game for sale so that others might be able to get that game @ that great price as well.

It's ok, that you listed all of your personal great buys 1 by 1, but you just should have done that else where on this site. The best place to have listed those would have been in a geeklist such as "Your Thrift Store/Bargain Finds...." Here's the link for this week's bargain geeklist: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/33764

Welcome to Board Game Geek.

Or better yet, make a geeklist of his own. Something like "my hot deals I've done so far" or whatever.

But yes, please only post deals in this forum that others might be able to take advantage of, thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend you delete all of the threads that are about individual games and repost. There's a delete button in the corner for that purpose. Ten posts for two stores is too many.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Xalabarde
Austria
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmb
ralpher wrote:
I recommend you delete all of the threads that are about individual games and repost. There's a delete button in the corner for that purpose. Ten posts for two stores is too many.


I'm gonna do that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Um...

Couldn't he be posting about a Hot Deal to avoid?

It's precisely how I took it...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Xalabarde
Austria
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmb
locusshifter wrote:
Um...

Couldn't he be posting about a Hot Deal to avoid?

It's precisely how I took it...


I actually didn't look at it that way, but it's definitely true. So here it goes:
If you go to Toy's R Us in Times Square (NY) and find this game for 7 bucks, don't buy it. Not even worth that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.