GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,975 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Wizard Kings» Forums » General

Subject: Repository for Scenarios and other WK related content rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

It seems we're finally getting this game after a year of thinking about it while wondering what light wargame would work best for us. The lightness, fantasy theme, and block system (which we've never tried but are curious about) are what finally sold us... also, the "game system" quality of this game which makes it highly customizable through variants and new scenarios seems great and seems to add great replayability.

So, I was wondering if there is a place to easily find this content for the 2.0 system other than the game's page here at BGG and the WK forums from Columbia. I've seen some scattered posts there in the formus, and some scenarios in the file section here, but can't tell if it's just a fraction of the available content or if that's all...

And if there's no other place, has anyone considered creating a dedicated site for the game's community? A dedicated wiki may work well for the purpose (like the Magic Realm Wiki, were users post their new content for the game: http://triremis.com.au/pmwiki/pmwiki.php )

-Jorge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also a Wizard Kings Yahoo Group established.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully with the buy 10 boosters, get the game free sale, we will see more activity on the group...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I've joined the group. About the new offer, wow, now I'm not sure if I should take advantage of it

-Jorge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know how long the Buy 10 Get Base Game Free will last? And, does CG still give a discount if you order on your birthday?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
michaeldavidcox wrote:
Anyone know how long the Buy 10 Get Base Game Free will last? And, does CG still give a discount if you order on your birthday?

The birthday form and discount information still appears on the ordering page. I sent them an email yesterday asking how long will the promotion last, but still got no answer. My birthday is in September, so I'm considering the possibility of taking advantage and waiting until then...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maka wrote:
My birthday is in September, so I'm considering the possibility of taking advantage and waiting until then...
Same here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like my message isn't getting through.. (maybe it's in their spam folder...) or maybe they're too busy selling WK to the masses

I tried registering the forums at Columbia too but it looks like the system is not working, so I can't PM them there either... if anyone else wants to ask this question, you're welcomed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They may have gone to GenCon and are still recovering. I sent a pm to Grant on their forums. I will let you know what/if they say.

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
michaeldavidcox wrote:
They may have gone to GenCon and are still recovering. I sent a pm to Grant on their forums. I will let you know what/if they say.

Michael

Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the answer I got from Grant at Columbia Games:
Quote:
It will be in place for a few weeks - make it early in september.

So I guess I'll try to wait and will place the order on the 1st of September

-Jorge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.