GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,916 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Anyone know what game they are talking about? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jean-Sebastien
Canada
Ste-Therese
QC
flag msg tools
mbmb
http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/cn_news_home/DisplayArticle....

The article mentions "realpolitik", which doesn't turn out results that would fit with the description, but if they made 12k sales, they might be on BGG.

And a Risk where a player randomly spends a couple of turns as the terrorists? Awesome!

(edit : removed my misinterpretation Also, if the article is right, the police acted quite stupidly)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeb Adams
United States
Agoura Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's War on Terror. Pretty much any game that's in the -real- news will rocket up the Hot Games column on the left there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike hibbert
United Kingdom
Gloucester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gutter wrote:

(It could do without the balaclava though... The game sounds fun without characterizing the terrorists as being of Muslims faith.)

I think you have just done that! Balaclavas are not a Muslim garment, they have been worn by all kinds of people (including terrorists, I agree).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to wear a balaclava as a kid on a cold winter's day on my walk to school.
Mmmm warm and snuggly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
I wear one when I race!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Sebastien
Canada
Ste-Therese
QC
flag msg tools
mbmb
mikehibbert wrote:
Gutter wrote:

(It could do without the balaclava though... The game sounds fun without characterizing the terrorists as being of Muslims faith.)

I think you have just done that! Balaclavas are not a Muslim garment, they have been worn by all kinds of people (including terrorists, I agree).

Ah! I didn't I though that they did... English is not my first language, I mistook balaclava for a burka. Sorry... (I'll edit my first post)

Thanks for the replies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just call me Erik
United States
Waldorf
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TGov wrote:
I wear one when I race!

I recently found out at a drag race track that females wearing fireproof balaclavas with just their eyes visible is very, very attractive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike hibbert
United Kingdom
Gloucester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gutter wrote:
mikehibbert wrote:
Gutter wrote:

Ah! I didn't I though that they did... English is not my first language, I mistook balaclava for a burka. Sorry... (I'll edit my first post)

Thanks for the replies!

Brilliant, the image of a slightly tubby, balding Gaming Geek, wearing a burka will haunt me for the rest of the day

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.