GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,804 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Puerto Rico» Forums » Rules

Subject: Storing and losing goods & new plantation cards, help! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Parker
msg tools
If nobody chooses the Captain card, do players have to lose their goods at the end of the round?

The only rulebook reference to it I can find is at the end of the Captain phase description, so we have been playing that goods are kept if nobody plays the Captain. It doesn't make a lot of sense my way, but we keep playing it!

Secondly, the same question applies to plantation cards. If nobody plays the Settler, do new plantations get turned up, or do the same ones stay there until somebody plays the Settler

Many thanks,

Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Ölmestig
Sweden
Halmstad
Halland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
In both cases they stay, so I guess you have been playing it right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
richardtufty wrote:
If nobody chooses the Captain card, do players have to lose their goods at the end of the round?

No.

Quote:

The only rulebook reference to it I can find is at the end of the Captain phase description, so we have been playing that goods are kept if nobody plays the Captain. It doesn't make a lot of sense my way, but we keep playing it!

You're playing correctly.

Quote:

Secondly, the same question applies to plantation cards. If nobody plays the Settler, do new plantations get turned up, or do the same ones stay there until somebody plays the Settler

They stay until the Settler is chosen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Ölmestig
Sweden
Halmstad
Halland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
As per the rules:
Players only check for goods storage at the end of the captain phase. Players store goods acquired in other phases on the windroses without limit until the next captain phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Parker
msg tools
Thanks all,

I read the rules over and over and never found the phrase Mikael quoted!

At least we did it right though,

Cheers,

Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.