GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,778 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Panzer Grenadier: Arctic Front Deluxe Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: AFD special rule #14: Dragging Guns... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew Heath
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule text, emphasis mine:

"Any good-order INF, ENG, or HMG unit that starts its activation stacked with a friendly Soviet 45mm or German 50mm unit may drag the weapon unit a total of one hex during movement. The weapon unit does not have to be limbered to be dragged, although a limbered unit can be dragged as well as an unlimbered one. Simply move the dragging unit and the dragged unit together into any adjacent hex which the dragging unit could normally enter. This costs the entire movement allowance and activation of the dragging unit."

According to my reading of this, an unlimbered 45/50mm gun can be dragged unlimbered and then fire, or fire and then dragged as the case may be, within the same turn. The activation only counts for the dragger, not the "draggee."

Anyone disagree?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Very legal & very cool
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good to me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nick P
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
Yeah, I wondered about the same thing - but presumably only when the gun is dragged in an unlimbered state?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Heath
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, clearly can't fire limbered. All the fun bits would be packed up to move (ammo, sights, whatever) and the guns wouldn't be pointed upwards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nick P
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
gulp

Surely though, it would take time to move them. How come they manage to attain that all too rare status of being able to move and fire, thus joining the elect (Armoured trains, rivverboats, M18s)just because a few pesky infantry push them a couple of hundred meters?

Go on - answer that? The way you are going we are heading towards all and sundry being able to move and fire. T34s, PZKFW IVfs, Grenadiers etc etc. Where would we be then? It would be the downfall of western civilisation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Heath
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They're on skis dude. Skis are fast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nick P
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
I still think it's the thin end of the wedge, a tendency towards wargame decadence. Reconsider I urge you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Heath
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bobsleds! Cannons on bobsleds!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Riessen
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
They fire, then move...in the direction opposite the direction they just fired. Oh, and it's a mandatory move, not optional. A few activations and you can ski them right off the map

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.