GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,704 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Risk: Godstorm» Forums » Rules

Subject: Plague Losses rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kevan sumner
Canada
Brandon
Manitoba
flag msg tools
Join us in June for Manitoba's longest-running game convention! www.prairiecon.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a situation come up tonight where I have been playing invasions of plague lands differently than my two opponents have been playing it.

I've always played that the plague losses to an invading army come after combat has finished, when the occupying armies enter the territory. So, for example, if I attack with 4 armies and the defender of the plague territory has 1 army, the combat would go as usual. If I was successful and killed the defending army, I would move 3 armies into the plague territory, losing 1 of 3 armies to the effect of plague.

They have always played that the invading army suffers plague losses when an invasion is declared. So in the above example, 2 of the 4 invading armies would die before the combat (now 2 armies attacking 1) was fought.

The confusion in the rules is that while plague losses are described under the section on occupying the defending territory, that section and elsewhere in the rules it is stated that the attacker loses half of the invading force, which my opponents read as being the the force that is in the attacking province when the invasion is declared (since all other references to invasion apply to the attack and not the occupation).

Can anyone clear this up? I can't find any errata on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Buckle
United Kingdom
Thornton Heath
Croydon
flag msg tools
designer
NSKN are publishing my next game :)
badge
Imperium - coming sometime
mbmbmbmbmb
I always play it the way you do.

In the rules, under setup 1. Determine Plague Lands, it states "Any player's armies may enter a plague land. When armies conquer and move into a plague land, the plague destroys haf that player's invading armies rounded down"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also play where your plague losses happen after you've entered the land, not prior to or during the battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.