GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,433 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

1960: The Making of the President» Forums » General

Subject: Replacement / extra cubes? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
robert cabrera
United States
Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have the first version, so I wanted to add some more cubes. I ordered 8mm cubes and they were too small. Pandemic uses a 10mm cube and they are too big. And ofcourse there is the color matching problem. Does anyone have any info they could lend on where to get these cubes.
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
I use wooden disks (from an extra copy of Caylus) to substitute 4 cubes placed within a state. This a) decreases clutter b) acts as a nice visual aid to readily see which states are carried and most importantly, c) frees up four cubes per disk used. Since doing this, I have never had a cube shortage problem, and I also have the first ed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert cabrera
United States
Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Interesting idea...hmmm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
What preview button?
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try emailing Zev. I have heard that in the past he has been quite willing to just send a few extra cubes to those that ask (IIRC, about 10 per color). They're the right color, right size, right amount, and right price.

Personally, I just use pennies for Nixon and dimes for Kennedy because I don't want to be bothered, but Zev is generally pretty great about that kind of thing.

Good luck and enjoy!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.