1 Posts

Puerto Rico» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cameron Iwan
United States
flag msg tools
After the two relatively non-gamers went home around one in the morning we decided the four of us (Greg, Denise, Angela, and myself) would play one more game. Generally Settlers would be the game of choice at this time, but Puerto Rico has easily taken over this top spot.

Each of us has distinct tastes and preferences that have kept us on relatively different paths on our journey to victory with each Puerto Rico session. I am not a fan of quarries, although I love to go for coffee/office, etc route. Greg adores quarries like the rest of the group (although even more so) and likes to take over with corn whenever possible. Angela has a number of different techniques she plays depending on how the game goes, and Denise likes Indigo/Sugar with markets and wharfs. Of course, we’ve really only played like 10-15 games, so we’re all still learning all of the great strategies and combos that the game has to offer.

This session, however, there was very little deviation from our regular play patterns. I got a coffee on the first settler phase and was soon well locked into the “lotsa cash” strategy. Greg was amassing a huge amount of Corn and soon got the factory to make all that production really pay off. Angela and Denise were battling between Indigo, Sugar, and Tobacco, taking quarries when only Corn was available.

In the end, slow and steady won the race, as Angela won with no specific strategy in place. Greg got second, with Denise and me not even bothering to pay attention to which of us got last since we were so far behind from a few playing errors we made – nothing tactical, just not moving guys around during the Mayor phase and things like that. After all the play errors we had made this game, we decided to call it a night from about eight hours of game playing.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.