GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,977 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Antiquity» Forums » General

Subject: City Placement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Joseph
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
Can the initial city be placed anywhere on the board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Sodusta
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GraftonHill wrote:

No. You are limited to your own "personal" modular map board. Within that piece of the map, you can place your initial city anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marc magner
United States
webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barkam wrote:
GraftonHill wrote:

No. You are limited to your own "personal" modular map board. Within that piece of the map, you can place your initial city anywhere.

not quite right....

the initial city must be entirely in one unclaimed (no other city on it) board... So if you are first you are free to place your initial city any place as long as its entirely on one board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chakroun Karim
France
Besancon
Franche-Comté
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
easterly1 wrote:
Barkam wrote:
GraftonHill wrote:

not quite right....

the initial city must be entirely in one unclaimed (no other city on it) board... So if you are first you are free to place your initial city any place as long as its entirely on one board.

not quite right.

You have starting positions, noted in the manual p6

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Sodusta
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
easterly1 wrote:
Barkam wrote:
GraftonHill wrote:

not quite right....

Isn't that what I said? "personal" means its yours and yours alone. I suppose that could have been more clear.

I am curious as to where I am wrong so that I can play the game correctly from now on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marc magner
United States
webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barkam wrote:
easterly1 wrote:
Barkam wrote:
GraftonHill wrote:

not quite right....

Isn't that what I said? "personal" means its yours and yours alone. I suppose that could have been more clear.

I am curious as to where I am wrong so that I can play the game correctly from now on.

maybe we are saying the same thing, but when you said 'personal' i took it to mean the section which you personally placed, which is not the case, since you can play on one of the boards another player placed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chakroun Karim
France
Besancon
Franche-Comté
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
from the page 6 of the manual : The starting city must be built so that it is fully on one of the starting map tiles indicated in figure 9. Each starting map tile can contain just one starting city.

the starting tiles are noted "A,B" for 2 players, "A,B,C" for 3 players and "A,B,C,D" for 4 players setup

so that you cannot put your starting city on one of the two central tiles in 2 players games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.