GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,486 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Agricola» Forums » Rules

Subject: drawing cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cody Guindon
Canada
Elliot Lake
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
do you ever draw cards for occupations or minors after the beginning of the game??
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Only if you are using one of the variants at the end of the rules.

In the standard game you play only with the 7 Occupation cards and 7 Minor Improvement cards you are dealt at the beginning of the game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snowden Wyatt
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Joe Lansdale Rules!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also either an occupation or Minor Improvement that, when played, allows you to discard your remaining Minor Improvements in hand and draw new ones.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
snowman882 wrote:
There's also either an occupation or Minor Improvement that, when played, allows you to discard your remaining Minor Improvements in hand and draw new ones.


K (125) - Broom
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Guindon
Canada
Elliot Lake
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks guys just making sure before i try it out for the first time
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Renault
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait a sec...There is an occupation Braggart that says you receive bonus points for the number ofimprovements in front of you and goes up to 9. I assume the way you get 9 then is by getting 2 major improvements, yes?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCarthy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corin A. Friesen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jearles wrote:
In the standard game you play only with the 7 Occupation cards and 7 Minor Improvement cards you are dealt at the beginning of the game.

Much like Bridge.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
clanche33 wrote:
Wait a sec...There is an occupation Braggart that says you receive bonus points for the number ofimprovements in front of you and goes up to 9. I assume the way you get 9 then is by getting 2 major improvements, yes?


You could purchase all 9 as major improvements to fulfil the scoring criteria if you wanted. Braggart is a difficult card to use well, and especially annoying when you've drawn a hand full of "pass to the left" improvements.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.