GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,024 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Wood Wars: Fantasy Miniatures Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rule clarifications rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Fredericks
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In section 5.06 of the rulebook, it states that:

"When a unit that has not yet moved during the turn is attacked..."

The "yet" implies that the unit could move later on.

But I thought the turns were in phases like so:

1) Movement phase: move or hold ALL units
2) Missile/Magic phase: Missile attacks with all archers that have NOT moved and that are not in contact (less than 1 inch of) with enemy units. All wizards cast spells.
3) Hand to hand phase: Resolve all hand to hand. Units that have NOT moved may fill gaps.
4) Cleanup everything.

If I understand correctly, section 5.06 should state:

"When a unit that has NOT moved during the movement phase is attacked..."
But then, the end of the paragraph is still strange: "The remainder of the unit may move as the player chooses after the destroyed pieces are removed" What? So pieces can move after the cleanup phase?

If I am wrong, on his turn, a player select a units, moves it and if it is in contact with a another unit resolves the hand to hand immediately. Then cleanup is resolved. The opponent, then selects a units, and resolves movement/attacks immediately.

So what is right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Lowell
msg tools
That is somewhat confusing, and it should read something like

"When a unit that has not yet moved during the turn is attacked (enemy pawns moved within 1" of the target unit)."

Though combat is not resolved immediately, at that point the moving unit is attacking the other unit, and if the attacked unit has not yet moved, it has the option to move forward and engage or flee.

--Wood Wars King

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.