Pit Fighter: Fantasy Arena» Forums » General

Subject: Quick comments on PIT FIGHTER, my new favorite game! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
r g
United States
hawthorn woods
flag msg tools
The last reviewer summed up this game perfectly when he stated "Overall “Pit Fighter: Fantasy Arena” is an intriguing mix of card, board and miniatures game...". So true.

Just played at Gen Con 08. All of us had a great time. Lots of laughs and cheering the whole way through.

Really cool mechanic where you need to balance spending for weapons, defensive items, and attacks, but keeping in mind that you need 1,000 gold to win. So there's quite a bit of strategy in deciding how to allocate money vs attacks.

Then there is the mechanic of playing your attacks and defenses. Lots of opportunties to save up for a major battle to turn the tables late in the game. For example, I was confidently demolishing my foe with attack after attack but little did I know he was hoarding his own attack cards and he ultimately layed a major smackdown on me to win the game. I should have allocated some of my money for shields! Rats!

This is by far my favorite game now because it blends so many ideas into one neat package. Card management (NOT RANDOM, you know what you get!), resource ($) allocation, and tactical strategy with gladiator placement.

And only $25!?!?! Are you kidding me? $25?!?!?!??! This is a boxed game with everything you need to play, and is EXPANDABLE with additional fixed (non-random) decks. It's easy to use minis instead of the chits to really make this a beautiful game you can leave out on your coffee table!

Plays in 15-30 minutes.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.