GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,197 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
25 Posts

Agricola» Forums » General

Subject: $13.50 to get labels made for both sides of discs. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
robert cabrera
United States
Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just ordered these from a company that makes poker chip labels. For 312 labels ( I used the resources images provided in the BGG files ) it cost $13.50 (that includes the shipping). They are stick and peel, but are at 15/16" so you will need to cut them or use a 1/2" punch.
Just attach the file you want to your email.

The email for this guy (so you dont have to hunt him down via ebay) is Sales@slamdunkimports.com
Save some of us non-DIY'ers some time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the labels paper or plastic? Are they protected with any sort of clear coat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert cabrera
United States
Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
They are a clear coat paper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Sodusta
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any photos?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert cabrera
United States
Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Not yet, but you can go to ebay and search for custom poker chip labels, and you can see what they will look like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not really understanding the benefit of this. I got a sheet of 50 pages of full page Avery labels for $10 and printed out the resource stickers on that. Yeah, I have to cut them out individually still, but that is what takes the longest.

How is your poker chip labels an improvement over this?
Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, If I were to guess, I would say the quality of the stickers, how long they will last, the fact you don't have to cut them out yourself...

For 3 dollars more then your labels, I would say it's worth it.

In fact, with gas prices now, it is probrably CHEAPER, because you can get eh poker stickers online, and not have to drive to the store

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyR wrote:
Well, If I were to guess, I would say the quality of the stickers, how long they will last, the fact you don't have to cut them out yourself...

For 3 dollars more then your labels, I would say it's worth it.

In fact, with gas prices now, it is probrably CHEAPER, because you can get eh poker stickers online, and not have to drive to the store

Um, but he said above:
badfish20 wrote:
They are stick and peel, but are at 15/16" so you will need to cut them or use a 1/2" punch.

And with the avery labels, you'll use a few of the sheets, but certainly not all 50 sheets, so you'll have many left over for other projects. I don't know about quality, but the clear avery labels I picked up are awesome. I've been delighted with them for my micropul set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark C
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Believe it's cheaper and relatively easy to take the images here and use the peel and stick stuff you can get for garage sales at any office supply store. They will have the correct size stickers (they make all different sizes) and you can put them in your printer after you take a few practice runs to make sure it lines up correctly.

I was thinking of doing that for Agricola but I came up with a better solution (IMO).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamer_Dog wrote:
Believe it's cheaper and relatively easy to take the images here and use the peel and stick stuff you can get for garage sales at any office supply store. They will have the correct size stickers (they make all different sizes) and you can put them in your printer after you take a few practice runs to make sure it lines up correctly.

I was thinking of doing that for Agricola but I came up with a better solution (IMO).

Want to expand on your solution please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Synge
United Kingdom
NEWTON ABBOT
Devon
flag msg tools
Taunton Marathon 2009
badge
Go get 'em, Floyd.
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not just buy a copy of the latest edition of Spielbox magazine? There's a sheet of self-adhesive labels included as a free gift.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert cabrera
United States
Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I liked the user added images for resources. At this time my printer is out of commission and I dont have Avery paper. So for 13 bucks, and no work, I thought I would throw it out here for everyone. And yes, the quality is better, I have had my poker chips labeled for 6 years now with very little wear, and they are handled alot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
Come together, together as one
badge
Perhaps in a perfect world, the ring would be a symbol of happiness
mbmb
Tim Synge wrote:
Why not just buy a copy of the latest edition of Spielbox magazine? There's a sheet of self-adhesive labels included as a free gift.

Spielbox only has family stickers though, right? because if it also has stickers for resources, I'm in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question on lineup. My original file wasn't designed for that size so was wondering how they line up the stickers? If they are on full sheet stickers then you can punch them out. But if its a sheet of larger stickers then you'll have some cross label edges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
mbmbmbmbmb
rathstar wrote:
Spielbox only has family stickers though, right? because if it also has stickers for resources, I'm in.

Well, I guess you're not in 'cause Spielbox offers stickers just for the family discs and not for the resources.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like I'll be using ScottE's file, avery clear labels and a 1/2" punch. Punch was ordered yesterday, game should arrive today according to FedEx and I've got labels and a printer at home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Eberlin
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there an easy way to get these stickers off the paper once they're punched? I'm having a hell of a time doing it... seems to be stuck... and when I do manage to get them off it takes like 2 minutes per piece...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How do I get the latest issue of Spielbox magazine? At a B&M store?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ralpher wrote:
How do I get the latest issue of Spielbox magazine? At a B&M store?

Funagain has copies of the Spielbox issue with the farmer stickers:

http://www.funagain.com/control/product/~product_id=019370

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Websteria wrote:
Is there an easy way to get these stickers off the paper once they're punched? I'm having a hell of a time doing it... seems to be stuck... and when I do manage to get them off it takes like 2 minutes per piece...

Before punching pre-pull off 95% of the backing, then roll it back on. After punching the sticker backing comes off much easier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inno Van
United States
San Francisco/East Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
peel off the backing and reapply before punching

Great idea! We also used a large pin to separate the backing from the print. Easy to poke it in at the edge between backing paper and then pivot around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert cabrera
United States
Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just finished attaching all my resource stickers on both sides, and farmerstoo. I used the files here because they were great. I didnt have a 1/2" punch, so I had to cut them all by hand. Luckily there was a 1/2" circle on all the lebels I could follow. I now need to go over them with some varnish. They make the game look that much better. I like the customized fences that are posted here too, anyone know where to get those?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inno Van
United States
San Francisco/East Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
badfish20 wrote:
I like the customized fences that are posted here too, anyone know where to get those?

http://bgg.cc/file/info/32957

Although I now need to find these clear sticker sheets that others are using. Printing out just a line of white pickets on a transparent sticker that attaches to each fence piece would look nicer IMHO.

[EDIT:]
Clear sticker paper for inkjets is Avery product 4383.

http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Products/Crafts-&-Scrapbook...|1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert cabrera
United States
Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Cool, thanks!

Has any other boardgame ever inspired so much Do-it yourself customization?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
Innovan wrote:
badfish20 wrote:
I like the customized fences that are posted here too, anyone know where to get those?

http://bgg.cc/file/info/32957

Although I now need to find these clear sticker sheets that others are using. Printing out just a line of white pickets on a transparent sticker that attaches to each fence piece would look nicer IMHO.

How can you print something out in white?

Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.