GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,033 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Arkham Horror: The King in Yellow Expansion» Forums » General

Subject: KiY vs Tough Houserule Variants rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ketchupgun
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I've been playing AH for a few months now, and adding alot of houserules that "fix" the game (ie: Stormknight gates, 2 monsters per gate, to mention a few).

Now with KiY in play, is this a case to keep these houserules...or do most people play with the original boxed rules when adding expansions.

How would this apply when I get DH?

thx so much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
We play with all the expansions (minus the Kingsport board), four characters (even with only two or three players) and several house rules to increase difficulty ("weak" seals, two monsters per gate, no final battle, etc.). The game became very hard (we win less than on third of the challenges), but we enjoy it in this way.

It all depends by the degree of difficulty your group needs to enjoy the game (someone likes to win often, others to win about half the attempts, others to have a nearly impossible challenge, etc.).

Have fun! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ketchupgun
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Grazzi Luca!

I wasn't sure if these famous houserules developed out of a need to fix the basegame (which the expansions did afterwards) or if they are just as modular as the expansions in order to adjust how much you want to lose...i mean win ..no matter what combination of expansions and rules you are playing with

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.