Thumb up
1 Posts

Tigris & Euphrates» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Deleted User
msg tools
I had left Euphrat & Tigris, Puerto Rico and Goa at Fred & G's place after last week's gaming, so we decided on E&T since of those three games it played the best three-handed.

Euphat & Tigris [3P]

G's Lion Dynasty set up shop at the delta. Fred's Archer Dynasty founded its kingdom on the west banks. I decided to try something new and set up shop in the center of the board with my Potter Dynasty. I quickly remembered why I don't usually do that. Fred extended his kingdom towards the center, looking for a fight in commerce and religion. G extended north and west. My Potters went north, and I sent two of my leaders to cause trouble in the two competing kingdoms. Fred sent his Farmer and King to the kingdom at the delta, and built a monument to agriculture and governance. I also built a monument, this time to trade and governance. Fred's kingdom was within range for war, and with a handful of trade influence in my dynasty's reserves, we went into a trade war with the neighboring kingdom.

It was a setup. The economy of the kingdom controlled by my trader shattered. The consequence of that was my priest and his minions were forced into battle, one which they weren't prepared for, and they were all sent to meet their divine maker. What a fiasco.

My Potters established a new kingdom in the southeast, beneath the delta, and also tried to pick up some of the remains around the shattered kingdom. The Lions had continued to build their kingdom, and were within striking distance of the remains of the central kingdom. Not good, since that kingdom was laughably weak and easy pickings. The Potters called down the wrath of the gods and struck down the temple that anchored two Lion leaders, banishing them from the realm. In the meantime, several revolutions had forced all the Archer leaders from the board. With time against them, the Archers conspired to award one of the three remaining treasures on the board to the Lions, ending the game.

Euphrat & Tigris - Final Scores:
Fred (Archer) - 9-11-15-16
G (Lion) - 8-8-14-15
Richard (Potter) - 7-8-8-13

That ill-advised attack on the western kingdom was the pivotal battle of the game. I neglected one of my rules - small battles, frequent battles - because I got greedy at the prospect of a windfall of religion and trade victory points. Predictably, I was baited into it by a prepared opponent. Sometimes, even players who have been in dozens of battles forget that the main theme of E&T is greed, and it can be very, very costly.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.