1 Posts

Rorschach» Forums » Sessions

Subject: GenCon Demo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryvre is Awesome
United States
flag msg tools
I demoed this at GenCon 2008. There were 6 players at the table.

Each turn, 6 rorschachs and one descriptor are revealed. Each player indicates which rorschach best fits the category on a six sided die. When two or more players' answers match, they get tokens in each other colors. When a player selects a roschach that nobody else selects, they get a marker of their own color. The goal is to collect markers in each color.

Session Report:
On the first turn we drew the descriptor "most elegant." All six of us selected the same rorschach, so we each received a marker in every other players' color.

On the second turn, we revealed 6 new rorschachs and drew the descriptor "Most Likely to Scuttle Out From Under a Rock." Since we all only had to get our own color of marker to win, we were trying to pick a rorschach nobody else would pick. This turn was more interesting than the first, because we had to try to outguess each other. The player who won picked something that didn't look particularly like it hast just scuttled out from under a rock, but it didn't look like it hadn't either.

This game went quick- under 5 minutes from beginning to end- but I imagine most games would take longer. It wasn't bad, but I can't say I'd be interested in playing again. It would make a passable party game given the right crowd.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.