GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,573 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG General

Subject: GameBrowser number of plays - screwy data rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Holder
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
check out the current gamebrowser for number of plays this month... G.E.V. is on top? And one guy added 5034 plays of it on the same day? His other stats for this month are highly suspicious as well.

Any way junk entry like this could be filtered? Something like refusing any more plays on a given day than 24 hours divided by average play time for the game being entered?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knock knock open up the door it's Riel
Netherlands
Tilburg
It's wurples all the way down.
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Happy Oak Leaf!
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed this too. When deciding which games to buy I like to go on BGG to see which games get played a lot, so it's important to me that those numbers are at least somewhat accurate.

It's nice that when recording plays there's an option to set the quantity of games played, but not when that's used to record over 10,000 plays on a single day.

G.E.V. jumped from 115 plays to 5149...

Removing the "quantity" field, or limiting it to a single digit should help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Holder
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually capture the data monthly and have imported it into a DB for a stats analysis project I'm playing with in my spare time. This sort of thing means I'll have to filter out stuff.

There used to be other screwy data in the games played DB too... for instance game plays recorded into the future, and into the past many years before certain games were even published. Looks like that may be cleaned up now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.